• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydraulic brake and axle vent flex hose

Tony

Is the hydraulic brake and axle vent lines the same?
In TM 9-8024, page 451, figure 252 dipicts the "axle vent line" "brake rubber line".

Now I go to ORD 9 and on page 83, under 0304.5 Deep Water Fording System, I find 7410534, HOSE ASSY.

Then under 1204.5 Hydraulic system, page 324, I find 7410534 HOSE ASSY.

I've taken mine off and both look the same, both the forward rear and the rear rear, have not looked at the front.

What I find dificult to understand, is both the vent line (no pressure) and the hydraulic line (high pressure) the same part or is the ORD 9 wrong.

Tony

Lance Corporal

They could very well be the same line/part. It's just that the application is different. They,re mostly just steel sheathed hydrolic hose material.

Tony

Da Grunt,

Yes, both look the same , but one is a vent and the rother is for the hydraulic brake system. you say that you can get steel sheathed hyd for this application? Wherre can I get a couple? Any Ideas?

Tony

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks