• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B5 how much lube?

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've noticed alot of gas stations here are starting to get the B5 sticker on the diesel pump.
I know bio has more lubercation than the new ULS crap they are selling now days. But, how much more lube could B5 be? I'm guessing they are using it to help reduce emmissions even more. I use lucas fuel treatment in my 6.2's to help with lube. But does B5 help enough to consider not using the lucas?

bottleworks

Re: RE: B5 how much lube?

derby said:
I thought that the bio had a higher solvency which reduced lubrication?
NO, it increases lubrication. It is a natural solvent.

Ken, 5% is not a lot of biodiesel. It won't hurt to keep your additive.

bottleworks

RE: Re: RE: B5 how much lube?

P.S....

1% biodiesel will increase lubricity by 65%

The addition of biodiesel, even in very small quantities, has been shown to provide
increases in fuel lubricity using a variety of bench scale test methods.
From: http://www.biodiesel.org/pdf_files/fuelfactsheets/Lubricity.PDF

I can provide may more links. People need to get their fact straight about biodiesel and stop guessing. It's a good thing!

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bottleworks, That's the kind of info i was looking for. Thanks, I'll keep using the lucas. Your right 5% insn't much. But i guess it's better than nothing.

Albin

ken said:
I've noticed alot of gas stations here are starting to get the B5 sticker on the diesel pump.
I know bio has more lubercation than the new ULS crap they are selling now days. But, how much more lube could B5 be? I'm guessing they are using it to help reduce emmissions even more. I use lucas fuel treatment in my 6.2's to help with lube. But does B5 help enough to consider not using the lucas?
Here's a study on fuel lubricity additives. Hands down, B2 bio showed the best improvement to adding lubricity to diesel fuel.

The .jpg is the summary, the .pdf is the 10 page or so detailed test report.

I got this from TheDieselPlace.com, poster/tester's name is "Spicer".

Enjoy.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks