• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

EXPORTING a M911 Oshkosh

RNV

I have an Oshkosh M911 sitting in US Customs IMPOUND in Texas. Seems they decided it is a Military Vehicle and require a release from the government to allow it to be exported. I thought that when these are declared surplus and sold to the general public, they are clear to go--- It is a TRUCK-- noting more. Last year I sent a M747 trailer, NO problem. two years ago we got a M-1009 Blazer fully outfitted, exported no problem. I got a Dodge M-880 sent it-- no problem.. Many Dodge Power Wagons.. WC-3 WC-53 even a Studebaker US-6 SO NOW what can I do to get these guys to release the Oshkosh? We need it to haul the M747 around loaded with some of the other collection! It all is part of ONE SINGLE COLLECTION in Austria. Any Help? irace25@hotmail.com Rod

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will pm you the contact info of the customs broker that fixed the last person's military truck exportation disaster at the Port of Houston. Truck was impounded so long the batteries went dead. I was cleared to enter impound to fix the truck so it could continue to europe.

RNV

OK-- Thanks, I will look for the message and make calls! Been trying past few days to reach someone there.. All I get is a long phone tree, then VM. today I cant even get to the phone tree. Frustrating!

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm curious....

1. Did YOU acquire this M911 from Uncle Sam through one of his Contract Auction Houses (GovLiquidation, GovPlant, etc.)??? Or did YOU purchase it from a previous PRIVATE PARTY (Individual or Business)?

2. If you were the FIRST private owner, were YOU REQUIRED to apply for and endorse an END USE CERTIFICATE (EUC) prior to acceptance?? Or did any previous owner relay to YOU the terms and conditions of the original EUC which may have been requited before the release of the "truck" to them?

OFTEN, an EUC will impose RESTRICTIONS upon any future transfer of the covered item to ANY foreign entity without the explicit PRIOR APPROVAL by Uncle Sam regardless of it being by the original Civilian Owner or any subsequent owner.... essentially a cradle-to-grave governmental CONTROL of the EXPORT of the item.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.... I thought that when these are declared surplus and sold to the general public, they are clear to go...
No sir. I'm sure you will find an experienced exporter to help you out of your assumption dilemma. The truck is surely classified by the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) with a favorable ECCN number. You just need some to help you sort it out.

Here is a copy of the document you need, using an HET as an example.

Rick

Attachments

saddamsnightmare

December 18th, 2016

EUC,EUC, EUC all the way! IF its military, it probably needs an EUC or had one. If the seller did not communicate the terms of the EUC to you, you're still out and need to get it cleared through DOD and Department of State to export. Depending on who you might sell it to, it may not be allowed to be exported. Having said that, a broker who handles exportation of US Military equipment may be able to pull your chestnuts out of the fire.

Good Luck, it's going to be an education, either way!:!:

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My guess is he got it sorted and the truck has being shipped. It really wasn't a big deal, he just made some exasperating and expensive assumptions.

Rick

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks