• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh M978 Certificate of destruction

Texaspipeliner93

I recently found a lot of a X number of oshkosh m978 that state "all X vehicles have to have a certificate of destruction within 30 days of removal " is this a normal thing I have tried using search opitions and sticky it also says that they can not be restored or reused for any purpose other than scrap like I said I'm new to mv's and steel soldiers please clairafy. It says EUC required are they all scrap only now or is it just that lot?

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you bikeman I just couldn't figure it out a few of my buddy's would enjoy having those style trucks but not if they are just trash for some unknown reason
They changed the demil code on some of that fleet. Some are going to rebuild, some are staying in private hands, some are going to scrap. The ones that are out are probably going to stay ok in civilian hands. But the availability of them in the immediate future for private hands is extremely low.

Gunzy

I am still aw struck in the luck that got me into an M985. AND right at the time they quit selling and recoded.2581131-1464036592-754846.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sad that useful machines and their parts and being needlessly destroyed. I'm wondering if January 20, 2017 will bring some changes in policy and demil codification.

Disclaimer: NOT a political post, but merely reflecting upon potential changes in policy with our newly elected Commander-In-Chief.

saddamsnightmare

April 30th, 2017.

Doesn't look like it so far, but then there are vehicles that no civilian really needs to own anyway. MRAPS come to mind, as they are vehicles that the average PD could not stop if they had to.:???:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks