• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Won 6 M1030B1's at auction without a title need help

Bradyrw625

I won 6 M1030B1's at a sheriffs auction out of Maine. They were from their sheriffs department and I assume they received them from a military to law enforcement program. I have the bill of sale from the county to me, notarized, with all the VINs annotated. Oregon won't issue me a title without the SF97. The county and sheriffs department never had a SF97. The Oregon DMV told me that if I received another bill of sale from the county that included "they never received a SF97, they are not able to obtain a SF97, and there is no security interest in the vehicles" that they could title them. Any one have any dealings with the Oregon DMV or any advice on how to get motorcycles titled easily through other states with only a bill of sale? These are basically Kawasaki KLR 650s with some added parts like stiffer suspension, blackout lights, ect. The bill of sale lists them as KLR 650s as well.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
By looking at the Oregon DMV, it does look like if you just got an updated bill of sale it will work for motorcycles. I'd just get an updated BOS.

Bradyrw625

That is what I'm attempting with the sherifs department that I bought them from. I just wanted to see if there are other options in case that doesn't work out. I called the DMV and it looks like trying to title them with just a bill of sale won't work. The fact that they are military vehicles without a SF97 means that updating the bill of sale (stating there isn't a SF97) might just work. Of course I need to find that specific DMV person sine most of the time the information differs. I was hoping my local one would be knowledgeable since it requires a VIN check and hauling 6 motorcycles three hours away isn't fun.

undysworld

Another option might be to bond for the titles. But this entails extra costs for the title bond/s, even if it can be done in OR.
Generally, without an SF-97 to prove otherwise, the assumption is that the vehicle was not sold with the intent to allow it on the roads. Add in a DMV employee who doesn't think ex-military vehicles belong on the road and you've got a big problem. You don't want to get caught in that snafu.
If you can get a replacement bill of sale which is acceptable to your DMV, then I'd think that's the very easiest way to deal with this issue. There'll be plenty of time for coming up with a "plan B" if this doesn't work.

dls12sf

I registered my n151a2 through Vermont DMV with bill of sale and then used that reg. to title in Kentucky. There is a minimum vehicle age that i have forgot,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks