• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

New here

Hoot_223

I dont have any pictures yet, it was a standard Truck when i started But i have been modifying it,

What kind of material Was used to make the side racks and the bows, im trying to do it all on a low budget.

later I will be putting a Chevy 6.2L Engine in it

Lizzie

I work for a radio station and we are giving away a restored M-880 as our summer promotion. We are trying to find history about the M-880 and can't. We were also told our m880 is a 1975, can that be right? Thanks, beth

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Beth, what do you want to know about it? If you're looking for the history as far as what unit used the truck for what, you need to find the bumper numbers. If you are just looking for basic nomenclature and specifications on the truck, we have that info. Post a pic so we can see what ya got!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Liz said:
I work for a radio station and we are giving away a restored M-880 as our summer promotion. We are trying to find history about the M-880 and can't. We were also told our m880 is a 1975, can that be right? Thanks, beth
Where do I enter????????

check out www.m880.da.ru for some basic info on the M880 series.

Elwenil

That's interesting, but I have to ask. What sort of radio station give away a military truck as a prize? Country station? :p Angry militant radio? [complaining] Just curious... [^]

McGuyver

Elwenil said:
Hoot_223 said:
later I will be putting a Chevy 6.2L Engine in it
Ack! Sacrilege! :freaked: Put a Cummins in it if nothing else. Got to keep it Mopar! [:)]
Yes, I'd definately recommend a Cummins swap instead. That's what I have planned for mine in the future. The 5.9L Cummins is a much more powerful motor, you won't be sorry.

Hoot_223

i still have to put a 4wd front Axel on it and the new grill, and fix the dent my friend put in it,

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have the original transmission and transfer case in the truck, the trans is a 727 series with the small block "A" engine series (318) bell housing design. You can switch the original trans internals into a true big block ("B" and "RB") engine series (383, 413, 440) 727 trans housing and then you can easily put in any of those motors for a lot of power cheaper and with less modification time than any of the diesels. The transfer case is tough enough to take it. I am not sure the front axle and springs would like you for putting in the really heavy Cummins, if you are talking about the 5.9. I personally wouldn't put the 6.2 diesel in anything, but there are those who like it.

Regards Marti

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks