• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Spray in bed liner

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I started gutting out the cab today. And i'm thinking of using a spray in liner in the cab. Anybody tried this? Does it insulate at all? Noise or temp?

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just did the steel floor of my buddys golf cart with a do it yourself kit from pepboys. Its called herculiner and its just like what the pro's use. The kit comes with 2 special rollers, 1 brush for dabbing in the tight spots, it can also be sprayed on. It worked great and I highly recommend it. I am definately going to do the interior of my duece. The kit comes with a gallon of the liner and it runs $89.00 It takes 2 coats to get a thick base. Its like a liquid rubber that expands then hardens with a non slip texture. If you do it, wear gloves and have plenty of ventilation as it will make you higher than a kite! We actually did his entire fiberglass body with it and it looks awesome especially after we put diamond plate rocker panels,skid plates etc. Its one of those goofy looking lifted golf carts (hes not man enough to buy a duece). Anyway its a great product that you can put on any surface and it beats paying some dude $500 to do it for you.

mouse

can you get it to lay smooth? dont want to rip my knees up climbing in and out of my m1009. [complaining]

dlb

I did the outside of my M725 with it and the texture is rough lookin but it doesnt have a rough feel to it. I did a boat in herculiner and it feels like sandpaper. depends on material used in it, some use what feels like sand and the stuff used on mine doesnt have anything in it, just psrayed with a gun like an accoustic hopper gun. im not sure but id think you could thin it down and spray it that way

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
You might be able to make it smoother if you use a different roller to put it on. The roller it comes with is a very course hard foam. 4X4Dave your truck looks great, is it herculiner? If so how did you get that color? I would love to do my duece like that. I'm going to be pulling the bed off today to start the body work (thats the only way I can fit it in my garage and still have room to work). I'm contemplating extending the cab 2 or 3 feet and making an extracab and shortening the bed the same amount.

Desert Rat

Well it looks like 4X4Dave let the paint dry too quickly because his ambulance shrunk in the bottom photo! But seriously, it looks real good!

dlb

I had it done and it is sprayed on with a hopper gun. it splatters it on leaving a rough texture and very durable surface. im not sure of the brand but the color was mixed into it buy the guy that did it for me. if your lookin for a smooth surface then I would talk to hwoever does it and see if they can thin it down enough to make it smoother and still be durable. I think its better than paint as it dont fade out or wear out. :)

Pappa-G

I'm doing some work on my M185 and am going to cover the box roof with the doit yourself version. I saw it today for @ 45$ for 3.66 gallons, enough for 100 sq ft.. They also had it available in spray cans. I used two to cover the roof seams and rivits ( and patch repairs and holes) It goes on nice, now I'm thinking of cab floors [^] ~ Pappa-G

mangus580

I plan to do this with my M1009, the entire inside floor, and up the 'bedsides'. I intend to just use the kit from Pep Boys, and only use black. I figure the floormats just cause rust anyway.

mouse

pappa-g, send photos if you can . i would like to see how it came out. i used the spray on ,on a newer pick up and it peeled off after about a month [complaining] ^#$%#$$%^$@

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks