• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tatra instrument panel

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I love the part when they are testing the fording equipment. They go in water so deep you can only see their heads and the intake/exhaust. I wish someone would post a higher quality version of that video.

tatra813

cranetruck said:
Question for Tatra owners, I noticed this gauge in one of the youtube videos and am wondering if it's the tire pressure gauge (CTIS), anybody know?
If so, is it graduated in BAR, thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EYjVw3tZxM&NR=1

It's like a "tank on wheels". :)
Yes you are correct you can tell how much you are airing up a tire or taking air out.
I think you are starting to fall for these trucks :lol:

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: Tatra instrument panel

spicergear said:
Bjorn, put the magnifying glass down and step away from the computer. :D
Tom, maybe I should, but that's just not gonna happen, having to much fun exploring this "new" truck with actual owners on the forum. :twisted:

In the video, the pressure dropped 10 to 15 psi in only a couple of seconds (based on bar calibration, 1 bar=14.7 psi) and I was just curious about the plumbing to accomplish that.
You'd need one heck of a compressor to inflate eight 16R20 tires at that rate, though....

spicergear

RE: Re: RE: Re: Tatra instrument panel

I was fortunate enough to get a nice ride in a 5 axle HEMTT M1075 and air down was pretty rapid with that too. You felt the truck sink. Pretty cool. Oh, keep in mind that it's not just letting out air, it's letting out air that WANTS to get out having the weight of the truck on it to help too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks