• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

The latest project

Dieselsmoke

Okay, here's the latest project I've been working on, definitely a useful tool around the place. It came from a Sheriff's auction, cost was $2,000 and the dept. delivered it (helps to know people). After another $500 it was ready to rock & roll.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holy cow! That sure would look good sitting next to my Seabees pipeline basketcase. Great score Bill. Gonna paint the motor seafoam green?

Desert Rat

Bill,
It's a wonder when they dropped off that creampuff they didn't bust you for stealing it! That's awesome! I have to agree with Kenny though, that CAT needs to be repainted. Looks like she just came from the dealer lot. Nice going. Oh, BTW, I'm in need of borrowing a front-end loader for helping construct my new house in Houston.....................

Dieselsmoke

The rig was orignally camo, but in poor condition with oil and grease everywhere. After man hours steam cleaning we re-painted it with some gloss army green that a friend gave me, turned out rather cool looking! The original markings underneath were US Navy so we did it up as a Seabee (only fitting), later it had gone to the US Army then the US Air Force. It's a 1967 that was repowered in 1993 hence the bright yellow motor. Don't know what color we're gonna paint that, but no not seafoam green :) BTW Kenny I do have your paint boxed up ready to go;)
Now I just wish I had that 5 ton dump to go along with it!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bill, let me know how much you owe me for that gallon of paint and I'll send you a bill! (<_<)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks