• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Bunch of M818 5 tons for sale on GL in Smyrna

Michael

I hope someone on the list bought some of these. The two I was watching closed for less than $1700. I had to keep telling myself I just didn't have the time or the money to buy another truck right now.

Any thoughts why the trucks with winches brought 2 to 5 thousand more than the ones without? They are still fighting it out over some of the with winch trucks , one is at $6000 and one is at $6900.00. I will admit they are nice, but not any nicer than the two I was watching.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Man I wish I knew I had my eyes on lot 4160 but I see it is now closed and it did go high. You can easily add a winch for much less than they were paying for them. But the thing is those trucks were really nice and I hope too that folks here got one for under two grand.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
My Grand dad used to say if wishes were horses poor men would ride.

I too saw those slip by I just hope that they went to Steel Soldiers not to the big guys who were in on the bidding.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have bidding history on all of them and the thing that gets me is there are a few corporations that put in high bids to cover them all and if you go up against them you get autobided out and they get it for a song if you give up. Keep looking there are more coming up I am almost sure the lot at Lakehurst NJ will be up fairly soon and that is a lot closer to CT

jwaller

ya. it's too bad bc all these things will be on the surplus dealers lots next week for 14-15k. does anybody actually pay this for them?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
halftrack said:
Is it just me or is there a person sitting in the driver seat in the picture of the first truck?
Sure look like there is!

Blood_of_Tyrants

I flat forgot them. A couple like the one I wanted went for less than $2000. Big bummer. Oh, well, if the Lord had wanted me to get one, he would have reminded me. I'll bet that there are going to be more through Smyrna eventually.

AMTAK

I bid up trucks just till I get the high bid on one or two. Then at the end if someone out bids me- so be it. But there not going to steal them. The scrapers will get them if they get any cheaper. I was surprised to see how cheap some of the 5 tons were bringing. These same trucks were going for over 5k this summer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks