• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Processing WVO. What to do with by-products?

sak00

I've got a dumb question. I've been filtering WVO for a little while and have a good stock pile. I have got a bunch of greases and fats left over from the filtering. Is there anything to do with this stuff other than put it back in the grease pits or is there something else useful I could do with this stuff????

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Use it for biodiesel production.
You will end up with another byproduct, though, glycerine, which can be used for soap making. Glycerine is also a good fire starter if you have a fireplace, burns real hot. :)

sak00

Oh man, more hobbies. I thought about Bio-Diesel, but it sounds like a big hassle. Although, I need to do more research. Thanks for the reply.

area52

Re: RE: Processing WVO. What to do with by-products?

sermis said:
Where is a good place to get lye to process it?
I work at a power plant and we have to treat our water with NAOH or KOH so I can get some from work, but you could try a local chemical distributor if you have an industrial area around.

m4A1

RE: Re: RE: Processing WVO. What to do with by-products?

Lye can be bought at a hardware store. I requested some from my local Ace store and they ordered some Red Devil lye.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks