• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need LDT 465 1D Injection pump

bomar76

Found the casue of our troubles....took the injection pump off and the hydralic head was rusted on some of the cylinders and generally full of garbage.

Someone here (can't remember who) had a freshly rebuilt pump off an LDT 465 they pulled for a (Cat?) repower.....can't find the thread now.....

HELP????

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Saw this one on ebay yesterday, was at 50.00 Was wondering if you got your truck running. Roger didn't have a pump?
Dennis

ebay pump

Last edited:

bomar76

Roger needs a couple himself.....so he is a no go on them.

I saw that ebay pump but was hoping to find the one that someone here had....rather deal with the trusted souls on SS.

It's been a slow deal repairing ours as I am working in Detroit weekdays and only have weekends at home, and always a lot to do.

How's your deuce doing?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Running like a champ. Had some issues with fuel starvation, primary filter was acting funny. Got all filters changed, winch is ready to go. Just installed the tarp and bows today. Still need to replace the drive boots, they have a little cut in the one side. Have a new emergency cable to install also. I repainted the military id on the bumpers and used those numbers for my model year plates. Thanks to your earlier post about the historic plates I now only display the military numbers and keep the historic tags in the truck.

You check the price for someone to rebuild your pump? I have no idea how much. I would try to fix it myself, depends on how far I would have to take it apart.

Good luck, I will let you know if I hear of one.

Dennis

Last edited:

bomar76

Glad all is going well for you.

That page I stumbled across with the Ohio Military Vehicle plate info is great, isn't it?

The hydralic head in my pump is shot.....lots of rust damage. The pump has also been leaking a lot of fuel out the backside in a couple locations. It is my understanding the actual hydralic head is a non servicable item anyway, when it's hosed they toss them and stick a new one in.
Pump is an American Bosch that was used on a bunch of tractors and heavy equipment, so I shouldn't have any trouble finding someone to rebuild it. My prefenece is to find a good used one floating around out there in the primordial ether and have this one rebuilt as a spare.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks