• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reselling a EUC item.

99nouns

I have a trailer that I bought and did not like it which required an EUC from GP, now if I want to sell it what is the proper procedure?

• Do I have to make the new owner apply for new ECU?
  • Do I have to report who bought it?

If you have dealt with this situation, please share your experiences, opinions and guidance, I have asked GP for an answer and customer service rep's response was EUC is only for government to legally cover their rear end when they sell the military equipment and not-necessary for resale.

I have previous experience of being told yes is easier than say no and answer 1000 more questions that person doesn't know.

I did the search and did not find any threads with specifically targeted to this matter so I hope this will also help someone else in the future.

If I posted in a wrong section please move to right one, maybe we should have a thread that says;

Laws and Regulations concerning MV Hobby

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You dont have to make the buyer do an EUC. If you ask 10 people you could end up with 10 different answers though. I wont resell and EUC item to anyone who isnt a US citizen. And I would make it clear to the buyer that the item is not allowed to be exported per the gov. Regardless if its true or not. Its just a trailer and wont attract too much attention. I get plenty of people looking for humvees, that want to export them. I flat out tell them no.
Will

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
On trailers I have resold, I add a sentence to the bill of sale that it is an EUC controlled item that can not be exported. I have on my bill of sale a place for them to list their id and they have to sign it. I also give them a copy of the original EUC letter I got from DLA on my first purchase.

You need to keep a permanent file in case Uncle every checks so you can document who you sold it to and the backup documents. On items I scrap, I keep a copy of the weight ticket from the scrap yard.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
You that's who, keep it in your records and if they (DLA) ever comes by and wants to know what you did with it give them a copy. I do the same as juanprado does. I have been buying from DLA since the mid 70's and have had them show up and ask questions once and that was for a M101A1, and CID once in 2003 for body armor I bought off the net.

undysworld

99nouns,

I suspect that the only protection the EUC give to the govt is to the extent that they can prove that the civilian buyer has been informed of the 'laws', as you were told. But it also gives them the documentation to charge the buyer if the item is later resold illegally.

I think juanprado's advice is good, but I'd also suggest that if you resell an EUC item you could have the next buyer sign the EUC statement and keep that original, then give the next buyer a copy of that original. Keeping a permanent file of your transactions including ALL paperwork is the best protection for you.

On trailers I have resold, I add a sentence to the bill of sale that it is an EUC controlled item that can not be exported. I have on my bill of sale a place for them to list their id and they have to sign it. I also give them a copy of the original EUC letter I got from DLA on my first purchase.

You need to keep a permanent file in case Uncle every checks so you can document who you sold it to and the backup documents. On items I scrap, I keep a copy of the weight ticket from the scrap yard.

99nouns

if you resell an EUC item you could have the next buyer sign the EUC statement and keep that original, then give the next buyer a copy of that original. Keeping a permanent file of your transactions including ALL paperwork is the best protection for you.
Is EUC Statement the letter that I received from the DLA?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks