• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 wheel to 4 wheel steer

jst

How dificult is it to convert a 2 steer over to a 4 wheel steer?With both front and rear locked full time,is it difficult to steer w/o 4 wheel steering?

dc3coyote

With manual steering it is not easy to steer since you are turning against the force of the inside wheel.
You will also wear out your tires faster on pavement.
You will be needing 2 front axels, hydrolic pump, hydrolic ram, wheel control servo.
I assume this will be a offroad only rig since rear wheel steering has had a tendencacy to drift one way or another.
Branan
Oh yea I am probably forgetting gearing issues.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is only apparent when you are pushing the mule around the garage. When it is driven it is increadibly easy to steer. I was going to do the 4 wheel steer until I got mine running. I would not consider doing it now. Bill Watson sells kits to do the swap for I think around 600$. As for tire wear you would have to do a heck of alot of pavement driving to notice any.

Dieselsmoke

Let me guess, you guys pulled this off the front page and failed to realize that he's posting about a M274 MULE...please tell me I'm right. aua
hndrsonj is right, Bill Watson sell the whole setup, give him a call he's great to talk to and can explain the whole process. Figure on the better part of a day and you can have it turning on a dime..just remember it will turn a lot sharper and that's when folks who don't pay attention get hurt on them!

zb39

Not a bad job at all....get the complete kit from Bill.....I did an A5 a few years ago.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks