• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

new, deuce one piece 22.5" rims??

Lee Alessi

Somebody said:
Message-ID: <40CC5BE6.9040101@endgame.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 14:51:34 +0100
Subject: Re: [MV] M105A3

Wayne Harris wrote:

> I just been checking out the new TM 9-2330-324-14&P July 2002 for the
> improved (?) version of the old M105 Series of trailers. Lots on new
> things has been done to the old trailer but the one that might be the
> most interesting is that it now has new wheels and rubber. They now have
> a one piece wheel, rim is a 6 lug, 7,5 x 22.5 made by Pribbs Steel &
> Mfg., Inc. and the tires are 10R22.5 made by the Goodyear Tire and
> Rubber Co. It has it own spare tire so that the older trucks can still

Anyone got any images?
hmmmmm
2530-01-492-2208 7J015 1050110 WHEEL......................
taken from
http://www.tpub.com/content/constructionmisc/TM-9-2330-324-14P/index.htm

lets discuss !

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anybody know what the tallest tire in 22.5 would be? Having tires as strong as the truck sounds appealing to me. It's not hard to destory ND's in the woods!!!

Desert Rat

Ken,
The old Ford six hole is a 22.5 rim. I'm atill thinking about putting them on my truck but I'll worry about that at a later time.

JasonS

What is a fair price to pay? The local truck salvage yards want $75 each for the 6 lug 22.5" rims. The tires are easy and cheap to come by.

Deuce-bigalo

JasonS you need to please complete your signature so we know where your a callin' from!! Sorry, but it's a requirement for all members!

Thanks!
John

Desert Rat

Thanks DB, I'm fighting some pink eye. Yep, we really would like to know where you're from besides pointing a finger (hey NOT that one) and saying,"I'm from waaaay over there."

Trango

I got 6 r22.5 rims from a local truck place for $50 each... with rubber! I've been so busy with work that I haven't even worked on my freaking cat swap for like a month but one of these days I'll throw some new on/off highway radials on the truck.

Bob

Michael

Did we ever confirm that the new M105A3 wheels would fit a deuce or did they change the hub to a different bolt pattern?

Nonotagain

I think its the same hub size from what I can tell in the motor pool. Just a one piece rim and a radial tire.
I picked up a couple of the M105a3 trailers from GL this week.

The tires are 10.00 x 22.5 Goodyear G186's mounted to a Pribbs 7.0 x 22.5" wheel. All of the tires were brand new. The stencils were still in the tread, and they do fit on a deuce.

If you were gone to mount them on a deuce you would be limited on tire size as the 10.00 series tires is about as wide of a tire that you can mount on the wheels without the tire becoming a dome.

Michael

If you were gone to mount them on a deuce you would be limited on tire size as the 10.00 series tires is about as wide of a tire that you can mount on the wheels without the tire becoming a dome.
Is this a serious limitation? How does the 10.00 x 22.5 compare to 11.00 x 20 in super single configuration?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks