• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Pull start or Hand crank?

jst

I have noticed that there is a pull rope on some and i have seen others with a hand crank.Are there any model specifics to determine which came with which?Also with the hand crank,we had a old tractor with the hand crank and it would dang near throw you if it didnt start,is this a problem with the mules?Or is the compression low enough not to be a pain?

emr

Hand crank? new one on me, im no expert , but i think there is only older ..pull starts, with those they earn the name Mule! and electric, the only way to go, randy

monighan

It'll only throw you if the timing is off. I have an old 1930 Caterpillar 60 (4cyl 1200cu in.) and it fires right up with a 2' long bar in the flywheel. Of course the compression cocks need opened.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks