• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Southern New Mexico museums, pics

Rattlehead

Got back from a trip to Las Cruces area, and thought I would share some pics. Visited the White Sands Missle Range Museum, which is on the missle range, near Holloman Air Force Base in Alamogordo, NM. They will allow visitors by just showing your ID. They have a V2 rocket inside a building, but it was closed during our trip :(

The other pics are from the Deming museum, which used to be an armory. There is only a small portion of the museum dedicated to military, but there are MANY other things to see for everyone.

If you are in the area, there is also a War Bird museum near the TX/NM border by El Paso. I have been there a few years back, didn't go this time, sorry no pics. I have heard that Ft Bliss in El Paso also has something open for the public?

Attachments

Rattlehead

Attachments

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
White Sands

This is a MK10 GMLS MK5 Launcher that was used on the range up until about a year ago, it is the same launcher used aboard ship on the Terrier Guided Missile Cruisers and Destroyers up until 1996 or so. I served on 2 of them, the USS Long Beach CGN 9 and
USS Horne CG 30. I retired from the Navy in 2003 and now work for the Navy as a contractor at White Sands supporting the Navy's Standard Missile program. Glad you got to come see the museum.

FMJ

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks