• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Any scrap yards or places in VA?

MVEnthusiast

Im new to the site, so please forgive me if this has been asked before.
Im planning on buying an M35A2 pretty soon and I was wondering if anyone knew of any scrap yards, businesses, etc that have anything to do with MVs (M35A2 mainly is what im interested in) in Virginia?

Thanks for any help
Travis

Rocco

Shoot I just sold one, im an hour south of you.
Jhon winslow is the closest for military vehicle salvage yard
I do not think he is a member on this site. but im not shure.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think South Boston Surplus might be worth a trip in VA. Never been there but saw a web site somewhere that looked good.

pevrs114

Not to drag an old thread from the grave, but I stopped by South Boston Surplus the other day. He's basically going out of business, saying he's getting a lot of hassle from the county over zoning (business from a residence, etc).

He said he doesn't have much Deuce stuff anymore at all, he said only a set of fiberglass troop seats and possibly a cargo cover. He still has bits and pieces of various surplus, but he's trying to liquidate everything. I tried to poke around and look, but he said most of the stuff is put away in boxes in conexes. Not too much hard items or large stuff for sale anymore.

He said peruse his website and feel free to call him if anything struck anyone's fancy.

Hope this helps.

ETA - It's on US 58/360, about 3-4 miles west of South Boston. Used to be quite a few trucks and trailers in the yard, I only saw a John Deere 1010 in the yard this time. You may well miss it if you're driving by.

sgtrisk

Travis:

I live in Ruckersville, near Stanardsville. I've got an M109A3 Shop Van, an M105A2 trailer, and am working on getting an M35A2 shipped or moved from NM ASAP. I work in C-ville, near NGIC. Drop me a note if you'd like to come up and drool over my truck!

Brad

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks