• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RADIO OFF decal

Hi Bjorn,
I've been busy with work and building the house so getting on the SS site has been sporadic at best.

Are you looking for the circular one that has the "OFF" at 12:00 position and "ON" at the 2:00 position?

I can make one for you if you give me the inside and outside diameters of the decal.
If you need the one above it stating "WARNING - DO NOT START VEHICLE WHILE RADIO IS ON", give me the dimensions and I can make that as well.

Also, is it a black background with white lettering?

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Gary, that's the reason for this thread, to find out what it looks like in real life (the radio off decal). I'll let you know when something developes. :)

Fred431

Radio Off Decal

I have several original copies of the above that I kept from my Army days. They are marked DA Label 132 1Jan80 They are red in color with silver lettering and a silver border

Fred

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's it! Is there any chance you can scan it and/or provide some dimensions to go by? It certainly would be appreciated and Gary can perhaps make additional labels for many of us.
Where is the "DA Label 132" located on the label?

Attachments

cranetruck said:
It's more of a metallic gray.
Ouch, that is what I was afraid of. I have to use a specialty vinyl that can be printed on.
I checked the supply catalog and what I could find runs about $1.15/sq foot my cost. Minimum order is 24 sq feet :shock:

I'll check with them when they are open and see what we can do, get, use.

The only good thing is that it will be used inside so we may be able to cut some corner. :wink:

Well I finally got these done for those interested. Made the original red one and also a model in yellow as that seems to be what most Caution/Warning decals are based on. Photo of each below.

I will be sending PM's to those interested.

OPCOM - If you read this I know you are a big radio fancier and knowledge base. Do you know what application or vehicles these were in? Any knowledge you can share would be well received. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks