• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trypoxylon politum and procrastination

Scrounger

Safety glasses are something to have and use.
Some time ago I had Lasik done to my right eye. The only drawback was my reading glasses were of little use anymore.
You see it is one of those things in nature that just as the clothes that you may have been wearing for years shrink over time, items that are close shrink also.
One of the smartest things I may ever have done was when I had the new lenses installed in the older frames I ordered a pair of prescription safety glasses with the heavy frames and all.
It wasn’t two days later and I was removing a cotter pin from a torque rod bushing and it came out and smacked my right lens. Those glasses paid for themselves that day.
And what of Trypoxylon politum and procrastination.
Trypoxylon politum otherwise known as a mud dauber and a dryer replacement. While loading out for the Aberdeen show this week I remembered that I had neglected to replace the dryer on the tractor. Well don’t you know, those little devils decided to make their nests right along the frame rail that the dryer is mounted to. So, between the regular dirt and the mud dauber dirt falling in the face the safety glasses paid for themselves again.
We only come with one set of eyes and it pays to take care of them.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Good reminder about eye safety, but I hate safety glasses. Years ago I made the switch to using a face shield and its so much better imho. You can even get them in shades for plasma cutting or using the O/A torch

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Well since I
ve gone to shields, I haven't had any wires from a wire wheel embed into my face, I haven't had crust fall in between the lens and my nose to get in my eyes, or much fogging up. Its a personal choice and shields work best for me.

Scrounger

I use a face shield when I can also. I just find that it tends to get in the way when crawling underneath a vehicle or climbing in an engine compartment. [FONT=&quot][/FONT]

someoldmoose

To stop fogging, apply some saliva (spit) to the inside, rub it around, rinse it off (with water). Old diver's trick The one's from H F are my fave.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks