• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B-1 Bomber

Longhunter7

Gentlemen,

I am the proud new owner of a 1963 Dodge M37-B1!

It is in original condition and will be restored to "Military Motorpool".

I will have some pictures in a couple of days! :roll:

Longhunter7

Kaydet,

I plan on restoring it to "Motorpool Condition"!

It will need some lights and turn signals added, troop seats, jerry can rack, new tires, spare tire mount in the bed, and stars and numbers!

Those are the missing ingredients, there will be much more as time and money allow. :roll:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, never was much of the M37 fan but that things pretty nice. I could see keeping one in the garage! Congrats LH7, glad you're an MV owner again.

Desert Rat

Rick,
Now that's one super sweet Dodge! How do you find these super clean MVs? I know you'll really enjoy it! Nice truck!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M978 is coming along. We've got the reelbox on the back. We've mounted the fuel tank. My friend is finishing up the wiring. All the brakes and lines have been redone. We still need to find a donor motor. We've either located motors that were in the right price range that were rough, or nice motors that were way too expensive. As we continue to make progress, I'll keep the list posted.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey LH7,
Lookin good man. Glad to know you got some wheels again. That is a nice M37! Keep us posted on your progress.

Bruce,
Glad to hear things are progressing on your HEMMT projects too. Those will be great additions to the fleet.[^]

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a great little truck! My son, 17, got a basket case '53 model, that we hauled in from a cow pasture about 5 years ago. He has been working on it since, including in his High School automotive class.
He drives it to and from school and even got it pictured in the year book.
It's a great "little" truck and small enough to be a daily driver.
He has had two different flathead six's in it, but now he's figuring out how to fit Kenny's (recovry4x4) 6.2 diesel in.
I'm sure you'll enjoy yours just as much.

Longhunter7

Cranetruck,

I think I will stay with the flathead six! I am planning on restoring it to original condition.

It is still 24 volt and runs quite well. I will have to add turn signals, so I can drive it in the traffic that we have!

Give your son my best, and wish him good luck with his M37 project!
[thumbzup]

Opie

LH7,

Glad you added the larger pic of your avatar. I'd otherwise have seen a caricature of the head of a cow wearing sunglasses in the small version. I'm confused enough these days!

Congrats on the new wheels!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The trouble avatar gave me a little confusion too. Kinda like those inkspot tests, what do ya see?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks