• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need to get a M818 from Chambersburg, PA to MI

Pappa-G

I will be "getting" my EUC in February and need to get my tractor home. Does anyone have anything coming this way or be willing to split cost bringing something back?
PM me with any ideas.

Thanks - Pappa-G

AMTAK

Which one did you get? (better post a pic. or you know what will come up). I might have a guy if you can't find anything. or it can be hauled here till you get something. I am just south of Pittsburgh. It costs me about $600-$700 for a full load to here.

citizensoldier

Sorry for post hijack Pappa G.. BUT! Anyone available to meet a truck there next week and help them load a truck? Yard guy is backing out on helping do the loading and if not I will have to hire a wrecker service to load it and spend allot of money. The trucking company I had lined up is now telling me they have no way of loading it? Ughhhh.. what now.? I think it will start with a jump but you just never know..

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can't remember either. I just remember a post where he said he would tell us after it was at home. I doubt he is worried...

Pappa-G

Anywhere close would be great. I am just to nervous to drive an "unknown" 500miles. If I could get it within 200 i would call in a favor from Armada and retreve it with his rig.

citizensoldier

No I have been seriousely jerked around on this one. Holidays screwed it all up too trucker decided to take a long vacation. They were supposed to pick it up yesterday and deliver it today. I didnt want to badger them but heard nothing. I then called this morning and well not sure what happened but nobody was going after it. Gave me a bunch of bull then called back and said they cant load it and the yard guy wont help.. They were informed of what it was a long time ago and told me they have a winch to pull it up on the truck and do this stuff all the time.
For all you that need to know its a very needed M816. Like i said before to someone on here. Bad back + heavy OD junk = get a wrecker stupid! lol
Any ideas?
Anyone going to be there next week that knows the tricks to firing up a old Cummins? Yard guy thinks all it will need is a jump. Maybe this is the hassle you have to go through to get a deal hauling it?

halftrack

Give Ray Patton a call. He is always going that way and he is as nice and fair you will ever get. He could also bring it to his house in VA a keep it awhile for nothing. However, I had to pay a wrecker company $150 to load a M813 on his truck. This company does it all the time for the GL site.

citizensoldier

Can I have the number for the wrecker service to pass on to this trucking company? If they dont get it next week I will try and find someone else to get it. The yard guy there is a good guy he is just overloaded with trucks and cant help everyone.. I understand so if I have to pay $150 extra to get it loaded and not all smashed up I will.. PM the number for the wrecker service please or the name and I will look it up..

Pappa-G

Jason,
Thanks for Ray's number. I gave him a call today. Seems like a real nice guy, said to plan on between $2.50 - $2.25 per loaded mile which sounds pretty decent I guess also he has delt with the GL folks there and knows a local wrecker service that has helped with loads before. Said that he was pretty booked for the rest of this month but next month looks pretty good. If this thing runs with out to much trouble I'll still make out even with the shipping.
~Pappa-g

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks