• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military tractor?

BillIdaho

A friend of mine just brought home a Case VAIW in pretty good condition. I guess it is some type of runway tug. It needs a little love in a few areas, particularly the rear fender and the front plate (both missing).
Anyone know of any sources for parts for this thing? It is kind of cool, in its own strange way. Thanks guys. (Dear mods, feel free to move, I had no idea which section to put this in.)

papercu

parts

From the Case Forum. Wayne

The VAIW is a very collectable tractor if it has all or most of it's origional parts. The rear fenders should be a hunk of castiron weighing well over 1000 lbs. I have seen them painted OD Green or Flambeau red. They were built from 1944 thru 1953 with total production being 3,793.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks