• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mighty Mite Carb Rebuild Kit

Mike_Pop

I'm trying to get the carb rebuild kit for my Mite. The Holley carb that is on it has numbers: 6R1822B. However, this does not match with any of my auto parts suppliers books. Can someone give me a compatible number so I can order a kit?

Thanks in advance!

Mike_Pop

RE: carb kit

Blake,

Thanks for the info. I was able to get this carb kit. Will be here tomorrow. Hopefully it will work. I had a heck of a time trying to match up numbers to anything for this carb. I did some research and the Ford Falcons had half a dozen different carb numbers. However, the bodies are all the same. Its the jets that are different.

If this doesn't do the trick, I may try to find a newer Holley carb, maybe a two barrel for a little more power.

saddamsnightmare

JAnuary 13th, 2008.

Dear Mr. Pop: See your I took the Mite out for a spin today note, as when I sold the Mighty Mite I had to Mr. Miller in Philadelphia, I had to rebuild the carb, and I think the Holley kit was numbered 1909 or thereabouts, there used to be a cross index in the 1980's for these older carbs. The rebuild was done in 1986 or 1987, so I can't swear as to the number's being correct, but there were a few parts left over. I suspect a 4 cylinder Wiscon Air Colled V-4 chipper engine would use a similar carburettor. Mr. Miller may yet have the Holley box, due to left over parts I might have left it in the two toolboxes behind the seat. The really old guys from the auto parts trade in the 1940's, 1950's and 1960's would've kept the cross over books.

Good luck in your hunt,

Sincerely,

Kyle F. McGrogan
1963 Mercedes Benz S404.114 Unimog (Swiss)
1971 Kaiser Jeep M35A2 Wo/W "Saddam's Nightmare" Vietnam & Desert Storm Veteran Truck

Mike_Pop

Kyle,

I got a rebuild kit for a Ford Falcon. It was a close match but not exact. Some of the gaskets were off just a little. The accelerator pump was the same but the needle was different. I replaced what I could but still have a problem of it not running to optimum potential. I'm looking into a different carb, one that I can easily find rebuild kits for.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks