• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

the 24v waterproof alternator

gwalker

I have seen alot of discussion about rebuilding these on here, some have had little luck. I was aware of only one place that could properly rebuild these: CME Arma in Fla. 305-633-1524. In yrs past I had tried to get an ordinary alt shop to do mine but they always said the parts werent avial to them. The govt had the manufacturer limit who got parts supposedly? I also read from someone here that new manafacture had receintly stopped. These were standard since their intro in mid 60's, ( as the old gen/reg's were standard on M-37,M-38, early duece etc) the fit an wiring was standard for all vehicles that used them, only the design appearance or manafacturer was actually different. Some have the cooling fan on the front, some on back an even some w/ the fan in the center, but they still have the same mounting points. I may be wrong, but I have switched them between 715's, dueces an 151's before. The only exception of using anyone you can get is for a correct restro you would want the exact unit design correct for that yr or truck. Supposedly CME has most or all varations of these or they can rebuild your own.

readyman

A typo, Looks like it should read CME Arma, in FL.

Yup, Prestolite said(my call to district manager) the assembly line has been taken down for the deuce alternators. That was summer 2007. My local alt shop said they had one on order since spring 2007 but Prestolite keeps extending the ship date. Personally, I have my doubts if it will ever ship.
Neither Prestolite(LeeceNeville) or the local alt shop have an Prestolite upgrade to a new model number, so whats the military going to use in the future? Although the military deuce market may have dried up, HMMWV's still use them don't they?
Is there another different supplier now? Maybe American Power Systems?

gwalker

Im not sure what they will do, since they fit all the mil applications they are leaving out a big chunk of trucks, however i guess the mil already has a good stock of new ones and parts in the system. I dont know if the newer hummers and hemmits are using them or not, perhaps they figure they can get by until all the older trucks are out of the inventory, but that will still be awhile im sure.maybe prestolit is just waiting for a big order to produce any more

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks