• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

free F-600

ygmir

Hi Guys,
I have the rest of the truck I took my crane for the deuce conversion off of.
It runs, bad carb, two speed rear, air brakes decent tires, very dented cab, cab-over, 5 speed, tires ok, lots of good stuff.
If anyone can use it for parts, come on over.
It will drive, but, not legally.......

Attachments

ygmir

ouch..........
I'd gladly share if you want to stop on in........
dc3coyote: Pics?
I do have some posted of the crane on the photo section here......."Henry's crane project", and, I think a couple of other folders of mine have some pics of it in use........

I sure hate to have to pay someone to haul the truck away, I just don't have room for it......what with 3 deuces (one now a crane model),M105, m200, backhoe, bobcat with attachments,cargo and flatbed trailers, 4 old Mercedes diesels, 2 Jeeps, a pickup, etc, etc, you get my drift......

HEnry

DanMartin

Any wrecking yards close? Some of them will haul it away for free as long as they get the title as part of the deal. I'm not sure how far away from a major town you are, but there may be a medium duty wrecking yard around that would want that.

I would put it on craigslist and see what happens. "Free to a good home" might get someone to bite. Scrap metal alone would be worth a few hundred...

Dieselsmoke

Henry, I might know someone who wants it for parts I'll give him a call in the AM. Oh, I'll be home all day tomorrow Friday if you're around. I was home today but just got the phone working...somehow the trencher got too close to the phone line LOL Oh well, eletric line is done and buried.....

ygmir

yeah, I could call a wrecking yard, and, will if no one wants it.
I just like sharing with folks I like, or, might like, before the G.P.

Good thought, though.

Henry

cr4x4cruiser

If it is still available, I would be strongly interested. But...

... what is the "not legally" part? I am in the L.A. area, but willing to drive any distance. No chance at all to drive it back? California DMV issues?

Please advise. Thanks for your consideration.

- William

ygmir

Hi William,
I was out of town a few days, sorry for the delayed response.

I'd say little chance of driving it there.......
A new carb would be totally necessary,
and, since I "dented" the roof and broke both windshields........
And,
commercial cops don't have much of a sense of humor regarding big trucks and road worthiness.......Even checked tires can be an issue as far as highway driving. althought the tires are prett good, I'd bet at least one wouldn't pass for some reason, as far as CHP goes.
Nothing against them, it's just how it is.....

THat's what I mean by not legally.....I have title and all, it's not licensed, though.

By the time everything got fixed in road status, and, since it'd be here and not there, it'd probably be easier and about as cheap to have it hauled/towed to your place.........

But, feel free to do as you'd please.
I'll help on this end however I can, if, you choose to try.

good luck,
Henry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks