• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Trimble GPS Trimpack Question.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Guys,
I just bought a Trimble GPS and Mounting Kit for my m1044. Does anyone have any pics on where you mount the receiver and the head unit?
The national guard ones Ive seen have them mounted next to the forging stack, on a bracket even with the top leading edge of the windshield. Other have them mounted on the right sponson above the right antanna, on a bracket to keep it level. I have the manual, but it does not tell you where to mount it..Just how to mount it..
Thanks for your input..Pics would be great!..
Kevin..

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
The normal antennae we used in Iraq was a small magnetic mount disc that was put on a metal plate that was a part of the upgrade in package. This was normally mounted above the passenger seat. If you have a picture of the one you have I can give you a better idea and when I get back to my CD's of pictures I think I have some pictures of the mounts. I am up in Seoul for the MLK weekend visiting a missionary friend of mine.

Jones

The Trimpack antenna I have is on it's own plate which sits under the base of the larger comm. antenna. The Trimpack antenna is attached to it's base with screws rather than a magnet. Austin Aviation (beltfed 34) has the mounts occasionally on ebay.

Attachments

mutt1966

what is the other antenna pictured for, military aircraft frequences? what is rthe vehicle and if posible the data on the mount, base and antenna thanks Scott

Jones

The antenna set-up came from a scrap HEMTT at Barstow. The coil spring portion was covered by a rubber bellows that was pretty badly rotted away. Inside the tube housing is a sealed, solid-state component (smells burnt up) on which I can make out "Module, Beacon, Antenna Array". Up inside the base's hollow collar there are two small cannon plugs and an RF style connector (rigid copper tube like microwave, as opposed to flexible antenna lead) that I haven't been able to ID for a fit to anything commercial. No idea what it's original purpose was. The base mounting holes are a direct line up for mystery holes in the roof of my baby HEMTT project cab so I figure there were at least a few of this system out there.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks Guys,
I Found a mount like the one Jones has on his Hmmwv with Austin..It will work perfectly..SLGR AN/PSN 10 "Slugger" L1 3 channel radio.
P/N 16768-10....S/n 3105A00505...F04701-0-0087
Cage # 65457
Is the numbers on the back of the Trimble..
I have the cradle mount on a swivel bracket for the cab. Its made out of hard green plasic, and has a bracket that holds it secure. This bracket mounts on a 6" flexable pole with a mounting foot on one end. I will look for a better way of mounting it to the Radio shelf or dash..Still looking for pics..
Kevin..
I will try and remember to take a few pics..Its 22 degress here in Maryland..!in the sun!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks