• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Battery tray adapters

Jones

About a week ago there was a discussion about battery tray adapters to let you run Optima batteries in the tray designed for 6TLs. Is there enough need/interest in running Optimas to be worth pursuing? These trays are designed to only accept the Optimas so they wouldn't help if you just wanted to run group 31s for instance. What about the design idea revamped for square-cornered wet-cell batteries? I'm running Optimas so I don't know what the market's like for 6TL availability and prices.
Any thoughts?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested in seeing any adapters that anyone has come up with. I am interested in running Optimas in my keeper deuce when I get it.

emr

I built a plywood bottom with 1by2 around the base of my other size bats i use, the ply is as big as the bottom of the bat case so it doesnt slide around, and the batts fit nice and snug, and u dont have to be limited to one type of bat, i painted em od, and wood is awesome to stand up to the bat corrosion, I alos did ply bottoms for my mil bats, i like to keep em off the metal, Randy

Jones

Mike,
Here's what I machined out of a block of PVC. They clamp at the bottom of the OPTIMAS so there's no problem with over-the-battery framework to short to, or get in the way of cables or clamps. The bottom of the battery box is covered with a piece of plywood with thread inserts to accept the hold down bolts.

Attachments

devilman96

Guys I just got set up with Optima as a distributor and bought a whole case of 6TL - optima adapters... I should have them listed in the store in about 2 weeks!

devilman96

Some PAIN IN THE BUTT New York based gov contractor was passing out my phone number to salesmen again!!! Dont you know us slackers hate to be bothered durring our daylight napping hours!!!

Oh and... thanks for the lead on them! LOL

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
You totally can't trust those NY based gov contractor types……...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks