• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Got off the pavement today!

dc3coyote

Darn makes me want to go 6 wheeling, Oh well guess I will finish cleaning out my breaks and go in the afternoon.
TJ that looked pretty hilly for Fl, mght have to go there and try it.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ya!!! That is what I am talking about!
Nice vid and effects.
I especially like the effect where you make it look like the deuce can't make it up the slippery Ox snot just to fool the enemy.
Pure genius.
Great job.

Out here there is plenty of hilly off road, rocks and scrub, but not many trees to anchor your winch to.
Is ther some sort of land anchor to winch with when trees aren't available?

ojsdna744

Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

quarkz said:
Is ther some sort of land anchor to winch with when trees aren't available?
Yep, basically a plow anchor from a boat. Digs into the soil for a good pull. There's a company called pull pal that sells a Wrangler sized anchor, but not sure if they have something to anchor our big rigs! :D

rizzo

RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

search for earth anchor. They are the same type of thing that holds the wire in the ground to hold up electric poles. 12 bucks at tractor supply. I know the power companys used to use them to winch off when they got stuck.

sermis

RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

Noticed the boards on the sides of the troupe seats.
Why is one set cut about 4’ from the front?
Can you still fold up the bench seat?
I was thinking the extra board to keep the kids from falling out.

tjcouch

Re: RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

sailor2000 said:
Oh my.. that wasn't a keg of BEER I saw in the back was it?????
LOL-, I was waiting for this comment!

The night before, my Jeep club tailgated at the Tampa Monster Truck show . . . . the deuce was the "home base", grilling platform, and observation deck for all of my friends. Sunday AM it was just too dark, too cold, and too heavy to unload it. :oops:

tjcouch

Re: RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

sermis said:
Noticed the boards on the sides of the troupe seats.
Why is one set cut about 4’ from the front?
Can you still fold up the bench seat?
I was thinking the extra board to keep the kids from falling out.
I am not sure I follow you . . . .

The troop seats were replaced by the University of South Florida when they owned the truck. (The also singled it and put on the street tires.) They used the truck to shuttle students off to their nature preserve and by the USF Police for "special projects."

The seats are made from some sort of plastic decking.

They still fold up.

I replaced the "seat backs" on the side of the truck so that they could be removed in manageable sections should I ever need to.

sak00

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

Hey TJ,
That isn't the duece that use to be blue and for sale in lutz, is it? That was a couple of years ago.

tjcouch

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

sak00 said:
Hey TJ,
That isn't the duece that use to be blue and for sale in lutz, is it? That was a couple of years ago.
Quite possibly . . . I did get it from a guy in Lutz (Nick F. from the USF SAE Club). . . although it was a dark, glossy, metallic green when I got it.

By the by . . . . I think I ran into your brother at the Diesel pump yesterday morning!

sak00

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

You know, now that you mention it. Maybe it was green. That truck has haunted me since I saw it. I kept thinking about it and finally decided to get one. I can't remember it having a winch though. Did you put that on?

Anyway, was he driving a black F-250 Super Duty?

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

I really enjoyed that.......

You gotta' stop posting those videos or I will be forced to start looking for a whistler.

tjcouch

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

sak00 said:
You know, now that you mention it. Maybe it was green. That truck has haunted me since I saw it. I kept thinking about it and finally decided to get one. I can't remember it having a winch though. Did you put that on?

I belive it was a 250 - First words were "You going to the SS rally?" And then he mentioned you had one -

(The winch was on it.)

sak00

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement today!

tjcouch said:
sak00 said:

I belive it was a 250 - First words were "You going to the SS rally?" And then he mentioned you had one -

(The winch was on it.)
Yep, that was him.Talked to him last night. Next time up to Citrus, Let me know. I'll go.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Got off the pavement tod

TJ and Scott, we better see both of you at the rally!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks