• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Air source

Russ Knight

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where would be the best place to tap into the air system for an auxiliary air source to run tools, inflate tires, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Where would be the best place to tap into the air system for an auxiliary air source to run tools, inflate tires, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Gladhand on the right rear and drivers front. Found at your local truck parts place. You Just need 3/8" air line. About 15' of it. a Glandhand connector and your quick connect air fittings on the other end.

I don't recommend using air tools off the truck. It isn't very powerful and can take forever since it is only 1 small tank that the emergency lines feed off of.. You need to invest in the Dewalt 20v XR High Torque Brushless 1/2" drive impact or a Milwaukee Fuel Series 18v impact. They are bad guns. They can take off lugnuts with ease that a 1 inch air gun puts on.

dmetalmiki

I use the rear glad hand (the red emergency one) and also have a 1/2 bsp connector from the bottom air tank. (which also powers the air mast.) Both work fine, but the 'monster' 3/4 drive air impact carried for wheel changes runs (OK) from the rear gladhand.
Don't use the front gladhand as it is for input towing only. No air comes from it.
I also use the air supply from the connector (with a tap) under the dash for some items.

Last edited:

Jericho

I agree Mickey, I run a Full stud air nailer off mine at remote build sites all the time. Works for those small air tools and great for airing up tires and air matresses at the campsite !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks