• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Notice of Thanks - Saturn Surplus

mangus580

Many of you have noticed that Saturn Surplus's advertising has stopped. There is a lot of speculation as to why, and this message is to put an end to the rumors.

Saturn has been a faithful sponsor of Steelsoldiers pretty much since the creation of the site. They have been by our side though it all, and have helped provide funding to stay afloat. Their 'contract' so to speak recently ended. In conversation with Mark at Saturn, he expressed to me that he no longer wishes to advertise. This is for a couple of reasons:

1: We have raised the price of the monthly ad
2: We were his only remaining advertisement he paid for
3: He does not wish to advertise in the same spot as GL for PERSONAL reasons
4: He feels that we have grown to the point where he no longer needs to assist us with advertising.

I agree to all his reasons, and understand his decision. No one point above has any strength over any other. He had mostly made his decision prior to the GL ad, it just had not come to light yet. While I suspect that may have been his tipping point, it is certainly not what started him down that process. I recall when I worked with them on the advertising back in 2005/2006, they were unsure if they wanted to continue even at that point.

I would like to thank Mark & Jay for all their help, time, money they have provided to Steelsoldiers over the years. I hope that our membership can continue to support them as they always have, as a gratitude for what they have provided us.

I am very happy that we can move on with our ventures in the proffesional manner that we are, and that we can part ways as friends.

While I understand the recent talk about Boycotting vendors who pulled their ads, I request that you consider this Thanks before doing so with Saturn.

Thanks again Mark & Jay!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Notice of Thanks

I have nothing but good things to say about Saturn - they have always sent me good parts, and I will be a customer of theirs for years to come.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting this, Saturn is one of my favorite parts suppliers I am glad that their advertising coming to an end was not directly because what has been going on over the last few days.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had great experience with Saturn and will continue to do business with them.

acetomatoco

Mark, Jay, and the "girls" have been my friends for years.. Please continue to support them as they are part of a vanishing breed... A genuine surplus store... RAM MVPA #217

surpdlr

mangus580 said:
Many of you have noticed that Saturn Surplus's advertising has stopped. There is a lot of speculation as to why, and this message is to put an end to the rumors.

Saturn has been a faithful sponsor of Steelsoldiers pretty much since the creation of the site. They have been by our side though it all, and have helped provide funding to stay afloat. Their 'contract' so to speak recently ended. In conversation with Mark at Saturn, he expressed to me that he no longer wishes to advertise. This is for a couple of reasons:

1: We have raised the price of the monthly ad
2: We were his only remaining advertisement he paid for
3: He does not wish to advertise in the same spot as GL for PERSONAL reasons
4: He feels that we have grown to the point where he no longer needs to assist us with advertising.

I agree to all his reasons, and understand his decision. No one point above has any strength over any other. He had mostly made his decision prior to the GL ad, it just had not come to light yet. While I suspect that may have been his tipping point, it is certainly not what started him down that process. I recall when I worked with them on the advertising back in 2005/2006, they were unsure if they wanted to continue even at that point.

I would like to thank Mark & Jay for all their help, time, money they have provided to Steelsoldiers over the years. I hope that our membership can continue to support them as they always have, as a gratitude for what they have provided us.

I am very happy that we can move on with our ventures in the proffesional manner that we are, and that we can part ways as friends.

While I understand the recent talk about Boycotting vendors who pulled their ads, I request that you consider this Thanks before doing so with Saturn.

Thanks again Mark & Jay!

Ok, I get the point, Saturn Surplus Good, Front line Military Vehicles Bad.
Sorry to have wasted your time with my banner ads..... I will just go back to selling surplus.

chevycrew

RE: Re: Notice of Thanks - Saturn Surplus

The professionalism of Saturn will be regarded when future purchases are to be made.

Edit: This comment was intended to be a positive one...

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!

So are you guys just goofing around, or are noses out of whack over this?

poppop

One thing I have learned in my 55 years is everything changes, nothing ever stays the same no matter how bad we would like for it to. I used to think when an employee quit it was the end of the world. Someone always came along to take his place and in most cases was better. I have lost land to someone else and wondered how am I going to survive in farming with out that land only to have better land come available. I have just returned from my Heart Doctor for an echocardiogram to check its condition after he installed two stints on Dec. 20. After two heart attacts starting in 1998 and seven stints later I am fine with no damage to my heart. He said today if I was born twenty years earlier I would be dead today because of how far ahead heart doctoring is today from back then. The most important things in life is life itself and family, not Dollars or business. If these advertizers want to leave, so be it. I will not boycott them, Its their lose, not ours. Who knows, maybe tommorow someone even bigger will come along to take their place. This site is a work in progress with only bigger and better things coming down the road.

N1265

I will continue to do busness with Saturn...reguardless of their decision on advertising on SS

I have always had good dealings with them.

acetomatoco

Jeff and Jae Hain-Matson at Frontline have also been my friends and fellow Surpies for many a year and of course are also a good part of this community of MV- Ophiles... We, are now the old timers and of course, predated the SSoldiers by 20 or more years and paid our dues at the DRMO auctions long before most of the current crop of collectors could spell OD. Jeff and Jae, keep up the good work.. RAM MVPA #217

TacticalTruck

I just razzing Jeff H-M. He's always treated me very well. I just couldn't understand where Jeff's comment came from and was trying to make lite of it.
Jeff

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I have purchased from both SATURN and FRONT LINE and I can say I was always treated fairly and promptly. I will continue to do business with both.

5tonpuller

I have gotten some things from them and are VERY HAPPY. Some day I hope to get there in person to meet them and shake there hands.

mangus580

Re: RE: Re: Notice of Thanks - Saturn Surplus

acetomatoco said:
Jeff and Jae Hain-Matson at Frontline have also been my friends and fellow Surpies for many a year and of course are also a good part of this community of MV- Ophiles... We, are now the old timers and of course, predated the SSoldiers by 20 or more years and paid our dues at the DRMO auctions long before most of the current crop of collectors could spell OD. Jeff and Jae, keep up the good work.. RAM MVPA #217
I agree ACE, I have bought from them before, and have had excellent service.

Armada

RE: Re: RE: Re: Notice of Thanks - Saturn Surplus

I too have made many purchases from both Saturn and Frontline. Always great service from both. Sorry to see them leave SS from a sponsor standpoint, but I will continue to use them as a surplus source.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks