• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Watch out for this scam!!!

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hello all! There is a very popular scam going around the internet targeting people selling cars trucks boats,etc. Basically if you advertising an item for sale on the internet like on recycler.com or a similar site someone will send you an email saying they are from Europe or South Africa or some other country and want to purchase your vehicle. They will have you send pictures and will send you several e-mails but usually wont call. Then they'll tell you they have a cashiers check or money order for a few thousand dollars over what your asking price is and say they have arranged shipping and set up an appointment for someone to pick the vehicle up. In the mean time you'll get a fed-ex package that looks very official with a very real looking money order or cashiers check with a real account number thats been stolen. They will request that you send them the extra money back via western union. So the unsuspecting victim deposits the check into their account and everything will go through because the account number is legit but stolen, then the victim will send the western union money order back to the supposed buyer. Once the money order has been sent, it cannot be cancelled or traced. So the crook gets 3k or 5k cash and walks away with usually with no intention of picking up the vehicle. A few days later the other victim whose account number was stolen and printed on a fake check realizes their account has been drained, the bank figures out what happened and now your a few thousand dollars in the hole. I have seen this several times first hand and theres not a whole lot that can be done. I have had 3 attempts tried on me when selling vehicles but luckily I was already aware. I'm writing this because this morning I had 2 different attempts on a boat I'm selling and it just fires me up! The other thing that contributes to this is that its always someone with a free yahoo account that does not require a credit card or any I.D. verification to open the account. Hopefully this will help at least 1 person not get scammed.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just found your thread Desert Rat. I guess I should have looked a little better before typing that long winded post, oh well. It will get twice as much coverage now! I always reply back to them and call them every name in the book, I feel it vents my anger at these dirt bags that have no integrity and are living off other peoples dime. I would love to get my hands on one of these people and just pound the living snot out of them!

pitbossed

SCAM SCAM ALERT

AS A REMINDER OF THE PERSON(s) WHO EMAIL WANTING TO BUY A VEHICLE OF ITEM AND WILL SEND A CK AND IT WILL ALSO BE ENOUGH FOR SHIPPING. YAHOO EMAIL AND AN AREA CODE OF 206 OR JUST COULD BE GOOGLE AND ANY AREA CODE .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks