• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Locate paperclips Reproduction

CES 3245th

On the M 900 series typically on the Marine 5 tons they had what they called paperclip's located onboth sides of the front bumper
I realize I could get 1"rd stock. I also realize I could heat the 1"rd stock with acetylene torch and bend it, but I washoping somebody out there might know if somebody that reproduces those for areasonable price. Unfortunately someone took a torch to the to the paperclips that were on my front bumper

Thanks in advance

Attachments

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 714594View attachment 714596
On the M 900 series typically on the Marine 5 tons they had what they called paperclip's located onboth sides of the front bumper
. I realize I could get 1"rd stock. I also realize I could heat the 1"rd stock with acetylene torch and bend it, but I washoping somebody out there might know if somebody that reproduces those for areasonable price. Unfortunately someone took a torch to the to the paperclips that were on my front bumper.

Thanks in advance

Black lettering is hard to read on a green background.

Last edited:

CES 3245th

When I was typing it up it had a white background and black text so I thought I was all set
, obviously I wasn't. Going to have to find the settings or something to figure out how to change all this.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The USMC cut those off because someone figured out they are not load rated. Not answering your question though. I would stop by a heavy duty truck spring shop and have them make a pair for you.

Try a shop that works on truck springs and they can bend them out of some bar stock or they may have some already made but they will have threads on them .

quickfarms

The used truck u bolts that are in my pile are

7/8" Dia
3 3/8" inside dimension

A truck spring shop could probably bend what you want or you might get some old unbolts for the asking

CES 3245th

Quickfarms that’s what I was thinking! I have to make a few phone calls this coming week. I know there are a couple of big tractor-trailer places in my area that do springs etc.
thanks again

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
This is Steel Soldiers
These guys make stuff out of nothing stuff and it be better than whatever was original.
Perhaps give dimensions. These guys build and weld the clips for you. It ain't like your in the wrong place here asking these questions! Give exact location and how much you pay. Only a few things are free.

quickfarms

Quickfarms that’s what I was thinking! I have to make a few phone calls this coming week. I know there are a couple of big tractor-trailer places in my area that do springs etc.
thanks again
You will have better luck stopping buy the smaller places and asking if they have any scrap or oops unbolts for your display vehicle.

Even new unbolts are not expensive.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They were cut off on the M939 series trucks because you can open the hood with them. No one has a photo of M939 trucks with them intact

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M939 hood tilts open. The hood could not latch open with the paperclips in place.

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hah, perfect, now I get it, slap that auto correct around once for me! I thought maybe you where using some rigging terms I was unfamiliar with.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah that is what happened. Always be careful when replying on a forum with a mobile device :roll:

Last edited:

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hard to say, if there is though it would be close. I have never seen a photo or a M939 released that had the paperclips still installed. Both of our own USMC 5 tons have the paperclips remains but had them cut off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks