• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Need help at Ft. McCoy, please. (w/pics)

54reo

Well, after a L O N G wait, it seems as though my EUC has finally cleared for my M310 trailer at Ft. McCoy. That is the good news. The bad news is that I am currently unable to get away from my job (on the road) for a while. I still need to call and set up a time with the GL rep on site, but it looks as though I will only have a two week window to remove the trailer from base.

I am looking for any SS member fairly close to Ft. McCoy that may be able to help pick this thing up and store it temporarily for me. It is the approx. size and weight of a M105. As far as the condition of the tires/running gear, I would guess that it is not roadworthy enough to make it anywhere without being loaded on a trailer. I have attached a pic.

I feel bad having to ask this, but I wasn't expecting it to take this long (11/27/07!!!) for my EUC to clear. Even last week, it would not have been a problem for me to get it myself; but it is now the beginning of outage season for me and I will be on and off the road for a little while. I am prepared to cover fuel/storage if need be.

Thanks, Brian

Attachments

54reo

I spoke with Mike (the on site GL rep) today, and he does have a loader to load on a trailer. But they also have 18" of snow on the ground!

How bad are road conditions up there, guys?

98hd

Roads aren't too bad (I'm about an hour and a quarter south of Ft. McCoy), we are getting snow right now, supposed to be 1-3". I wish I could help you out, but just moved here, started a new job, and have to work lots (tax season!). Mike is a nice guy to deal with though and I'm sure he would work with you on the 10 day thing if you explain things to him.

It is supposed to be 40deg. on monday :) It was -17 the other morning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks