• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fan Clutch Thermostat Leaking air

CES 3245th

Fan Clutch Thermostat CAS190 CA200046....Is there a kit available to rebuild this fan clutch thermostat, if so how would you get off the aluminum part at the end without destroying it?
Any information in the right direction would be great

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

CES 3245th

Yes you are correct, it would have helped if I had added that! I read the thread that you would posted and it stated that you could service it without removing it. So if that's the case how do you get the aluminum part off the end without destroying it. Looking at the pictures it looks like you definitely have to take it out to replace that Oring. Or am I missing something?

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The end cap just screws out. A pin spanner is the proper tool for removal but a good pair of pliers will do fine.

CES 3245th

Just out of curiosity, what surprises should I be looking for once I take that off? Do I need to buy any replacement parts? In thanks for the info

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a spring behind the cap. You can replace the seals but beyond that, there isn't much else that can be replaced. If you want a complete seal kit, Erik's Military Surplus had them at one time if you want all of them in one shot. Haven't messed with them in a while so I don't remember the part number. What problems are you having with it?

There is a newer style available from Medallion and Kysor if I'm remembering right. The newer unit I'm running has been working flawlessly for a couple years now. I'll have to dig out my shutterstat notes for that part number as well.

CES 3245th

Fan Clutch Thermostat Leaking air (stutterstat)

This is just an update with pictures for those who want to rebuild Fan Clutch Thermostat CAS190 CA200046 (stutterstat) Hopefully this will help Anybody looking to do this I got it online at ERIK'S Military supply. To buy a whole new part is extremely expensive, Who would ever think for such a small part it would be so much money. I guess, Big Toys BIG prices!

Attachments

Last edited:

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
This is just an update with pictures for those who want to rebuild Fan Clutch Thermostat CAS190 CA200046 (stutterstat) Hopefully this will help Anybody looking to do this I got it online at ERIK'S Military supply. To buy a whole new part is extremely expensive, Who would ever think for such a small part it would be so much money. I guess, Big Toys BIG prices!
There was a member selling new ones for around $100 i thought.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe it was Suprman, I think he had both temperatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swamp Donkey

The Engineer
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The large O-ring in the kit will be the source of the air leak.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks