• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

So Cal desert trip anyone??

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
After reading all the posts on the upcoming Florida rally, I began researching flights out there and even got the wifes approval but its just too much money for too little time. So anybody interested in a So Cal desert trip in the next month or two? Just throwing this out there to get the ball rolling.

JDToumanian

Most definitely, yes! My company pays it's annual profit sharing by the end of the month, and I'm going to use a chunk of it to buy 10 brand new tires... By the middle to end of February I should have everything back together and I'll be itching to put some miles on it.

Jon

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
How about the first or second weekend in March? March 8th is international womens day and March 9th day light savings begins, could leave the ladies at home to celebrate womens day.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
March 1st weekend looks good so far for me. Just gotta check with my owner to make sure there is nothing else planned. If that isn't good for others, the 15th would work on this end. My wife works every other w-end, so there has to be someone here to supervise the animals....I mean girls. :roll: Devin, where do ya wanna go?

Linda

Would be extremely interested IF: 1st, we could get the government to get off their duff and send us our title so we can get "Bruiser" registered in California (I know, I know there is DMV to reckon with!). If not this time surely the next time you get a trip up. so far we are having to contain ourselves to taking trips in the desert (we live in where the "great outdoors" is right out the door). Please keep us informed, maybe by the time you decide, something nice will have happened to us and we can come. Would love to meet you all. Linda and George

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Linda, DMV is a no brainer. I know you're a ways away, but, there is a DMV service that will do you right here in Arcadia. PM me if you want details. DO NOT try to register it, fail, then try out here. It makes it hard for the outfit here. I still haven't washed the dirt off from the last trip! Camp Dirtbag...Yes it was..is...I love it :D

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Believe me Kenny, I would love to. I would have to leave after work Friday and be back home Sunday night, Im starting a new position and dont want to be asking for time off right away. Maybe next year when I can plan farther ahead of time. What about Death Valley? Too far? The place I have always gone camping is California City, but all the good areas have been closed off.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
I used to go there alot as a kid. Its pretty close compared to Death Valley and borders the south side of Edwards AFB. Its has houses pretty close by so shooting might be an issue. Its where all the movies and car commercials are filmed with the dry lake bed footage.

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of rangers and SCCA guys who THINK they are rangers. Stodard valley again? MMM.... Slash X Cafe...greasy chili cheeze fries. We had a good spot last time.

Attachments

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Dove Springs would be cool or Stodard valley, Lots of scenery in Dove springs, I think we could even head up to the mountains and get into snow. My vote is for Dove Springs.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm all for ocotillo wells or anza borrego. It is right down the road from me. Otherwise I'm open to Stoddard Valley or even Lucerne.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks