• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Typical DOT code for HMMWV tire

TedG

I have a picture of a fresh MT radial with the following:

A10R DOT MJ9F NEWV 1R07 (or it is 1007 on the last part)

I hope this helps.

Regards,

sermis

TedG said:
I have a picture of a fresh MT radial with the following:

A10R DOT MJ9F NEWV 1R07 (or it is 1007 on the last part)

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Should be 1007.
Tenth week of 2007 or did they change to the 100th day of 07 format?

CGarbee

For those of you who are interested in knowing where your tires came from, a listing of DOT codes can be found at:
http://www.harriger.com/tires.htm

The last four digits of the USDOT Tire Code are the week and year (upgraded from the old three digit week and year code that was used until the mid-ninetees...).

To quote the NTHSA website:
"U.S. DOT Tire Identification Number
This begins with the letters "DOT" and indicates that the tire meets all federal standards. The next two numbers or letters are the plant code where it was manufactured, and the last four numbers represent the week and year the tire was built. For example, the numbers 3197 means the 31st week of 1997. The other numbers are marketing codes used at the manufacturer's discretion."

See:
http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/TireSafety/ridesonit/brochure.html

Enjoy.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CGarbee said:
..... For example, the numbers 3197 means the 31st week of 1997....
Never seen 4 digits in that oval before 2K. They used just 3 and to know it was made in the nineties and not eighties they had a little triangle added at the end.
So that particular date would appear as 317<. (10 years later it would be 3107).

G.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Bjorn I know this is 8 years old but I go by that place on my way to Ft Riley didn't know about the HMMWV tires as their lot is stacked full of the giant earth mover Euclid tire which are shipped over wide
topeka.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks