• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Jump Start

vtresch

Are there any tricks to Jump starting a CUCV? Which battery do you hook the cables to? I would assume the #1 in front.

Sam27

You mean from a 12V vehicle? It's not really possible I don't think. When I jumped mine, I used two 12V cars, one on each battery. If you have time, I imagine you could charge one battery and then the other with one other car. Not exactly jump starting, but still...

Sam27

The starting system is 24V. How will it help to only charge the rear battery if they are both almost dead?

stagehc

A better way is if you have one of the portable jump starters, the kind that plug into the wall and have short jumpers on them, attach it to the rear battery and regular cables to the front. Works a treat!

Cheers from over here,
Cole

Desert Rat

Cole,
You've got some wacky off-the-wall sayings over there! Sometimes I'm laughing so hard my sides hurt!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks