• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

stove for tent

rizzo

will this stove be enough to heat my GP medium?

LINK DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it looks a little small to me

Last edited by a moderator:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barely. I believe there is space in the GP Medium for two smokestacks, I'd go with two stoves, especially on the REALLY chilly days.

acetomatoco

RE: tent

Two will take care of the GP Medium..even without the arctic liner... They burn wood, and soft or hard coal...and there are liquid fuel adaptor kits available for them... I sell the solid fuel units here in VT for $60 new, and I believe Sam Winer Motors in Akron OH has them by the pallet as new for about the same money. they are just wonderful stoves and heated many a C rat for me in Germany in the 60s, but smell bad when a oui Private pees on em.... Reemember to raise them up off the ground a little as the heat will melt the frost and turn the floor of your tent into a mudhole... A bunch of shipping pallets will help the mud situation.. have fun...

Armada

will this stove be enough to heat my GP medium?
Are you heating it in the summer or winter? :) Summer yes, winter NO. Even 2 of them will not realistically heat it in below freezing temps. A 55 gallon barrel with a stove kit will work, but it won't hold heat very well and you'll have to keep it roaring. Something cast iron will work well. We've used a few different types in ours and the one in the picture works the best. It's cast iron and lined with firebricks so it holds the heat well.

Attachments

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: tent

When we deployed on winter FTX's at Fort Devens it was really cold and we would often have them burning cherry red on mogas and diesel mix. The key to winter tent heating is having the liner in and a good bank around the floor walls. One will take the chill off in a GP Medium with a liner but without the liner it will only heat a localized area.

In the coldest of nights they would run all night long glowing red with a fire watch up all night to keep them going and from getting out of control. We did not use the wood burning grate in ours only the fuel burning option. I own one and picked up the wood burning grate kit from Adam at Aberdeen I just have to get home to set it up.

jasonjc

We use 1 or 2 of them with JP8 in your GP med with the liners. The bad part was getting up at 0200 to launch the helos then go back to bed. Them were the good ol days :cry: I may have to go talk to the recuiter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks