• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire trucks

FrankUSMC

I spent 16 of my 20 years in the Marines as a firefighter. If I knew how to post photos, I have two WWII Marine crash trucks in my collection here.
Note, look at the second photo posted, notice any thing ..funny...
There is no glass on the drivers side on all the fire trucks. Must be a way of telling the driver you are to close to the fire if you can smell your eyebrows burning.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET
PS, I will send some photos of my crash trucks to any one who can post them here.

nattieleather

RE: fire

The first trucks posted weren't dodges but Chevy trucks. And the last is a International Harvester which made trucks exclusivly for the navy/marine corps.

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
RE: fire

Nice looking fire trucks. Someone didn't know what they were doing when they put the stars on 'em, though. I seriously doubt if any bright red fire trucks were deployed in the Normandy invasion. The 1950's vintage Ford certainly wasn't. Maybe someone just likes "invasion" stars??

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: fire

Lifer said:
Nice looking fire trucks. Someone didn't know what they were doing when they put the stars on 'em, though. I seriously doubt if any bright red fire trucks were deployed in the Normandy invasion. The 1950's vintage Ford certainly wasn't. Maybe someone just likes "invasion" stars??
Both those photos were taken in Italy - and, the encircled star was introduced for operations in Sicily, before the Normandy invasion.

BTW, the army 6x6 tactical fire truck was developed by GI firefighters in Italy when they combined a captured German water tank, a CCKW, and the pump and fire-fighting apparatus from a 4-wheel US Army fire truck.

Regards,
David

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks