• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Well this is it D-day

wyomingjeep

after waiting since late november i am here at sparta WI to pick up my m35. So far not a whole lot has gone to plan but we made it here. The adventure is about to really start its like everest its not getting up the mountain that counts its being able to get back down. I have to go 927 miles back to cheyenne. I have a life line in the way of Maccus and i am normally pretty lucky lets see ifs thats enuff. I will keep ya'll updated as much as i can.
Here we go!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Good luck Scott, I wish Maccus could have been there with you

:beer:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
oh, I forgot

nopics

gunner01

hope ya took a pillow to sit on thats one hell of a cross country trek.most I have done in one sitting was just under 600 miles, best of luck. With Maccus as your navigator all will be well.

wyomingjeep

Well i made it 383 miles yesterday that does not really sounds like alot but it really is we got a late start. The truck is running good so far the weakest link is the human element. its 0720 mountain and i am trying to wake my better half up so wecan get on the road i wil let ya'll know how that turns out

colyork

When I hear of the road trips, I wonder what the average time is behind the wheel of a duece before people need a break.Good luck with the new truck!

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Good luck and I am saying a prayer for your safe trip. I thought 330 miles was a hike. Wow I am looking at a similar recovery in the spring in the M818. We are really looking forward to the pictures.

God bless

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Jay, my longest day in a deuce was 700 miles and that was with another one piggybacked on the back. I refuel at no more that 300 miles but honestly rarely make it that far. The truck runs longer on a tank of fuel than the bladder does. 300 miles is around 6 hours in the saddle and thats quite a bit. I ALWAYS have a cooler stocked in the front seat and snacks at the ready.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks