• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What's up with GL auction prices?

HeadWizard

Without being specific and getting flamed and booted - What's up with the HIGH prices on some of the GL auctions for 5 tons and wreckers that are now for sale?

$13k+ wrecker with 24 hours to go? :!:

$3900 5 ton with 24 hours to go?

Either there's no recession or the GL ads on here are working :D ?

Let the conspiracy theories begin!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I agree.

I watch the auctions frequently and I just can't believe the prices people bid this stuff up to. It isn't like there is going to be a shortage of Deuces in the next few years.

The flood of Deuces being released from the military will depress prices for awhile. As a collector and not a profiteer, I have no problem with that.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Not adding any HE to the fire but......the Blazer I picked up yesterday has 4 previous sale numbers on the door that are crossed out, with the last one, 3175 being the one I won it in.

citizensoldier

MEOWWWWW! Cat is out of the bag dudes! I have to say it! I told you so!! Happy days are over.. Just going to get worse.. As for resession over.. Well a new truck is 30K so a deuce that will burn anything you can find flammable is a good deal at 10k and under for most people...
Trailer ho over and out!

alphadeltaromeo

...and global warming is real :roll:

Of course prices go up...that's the nature of inflation and a variety of other factors (have you checked milk lately? SS BETTER not start advertising milk...:roll: ). But with that said, it will be cyclical in nature. I do recall some trucks going for just over 1k in Arkansas a few ago and then there were all the great deals that went in TN, etc.

Let's be reasonable...realizing prices go up :deadhorse: and love the fact that we can still buy them at great value.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If there's only one wrecker on a sale and it runs, it's going to go high. If there are 30, price will drop some. Because of the 70+ deuces at Lavinia, I was able to secure 2 runners for just over $1000 ea

beaubeau

supply and demand!

:driver: I was thinking about how some of the SS members, and others, buy Equipment so far from where they live. It seem what they save at the auction, the would loose in Trans. cost. I wish I live further south where I think the Equipment selling is in better shape. Then again, I got a Deuce at Chambersburg,it came from V.T>N>G., and I live in N.H.!!?? :cookoo: I do have a M750 to pick up in IN., but it looked in better shape than those around here. You do have a good point about many Deuces and others comming up in the future! So why bid Hi today?! :nothingfunny: Good luck, Phil

Michael

this is nothing new. back before GL I watched a sale were several deuces went for $12,000 and they were in poor condition to. It just happens every once in a while. Could be auction fever or dealers fighting to fill an order at twice that price.

FrankUSMC

The wreaker that is going for high bids, is it the one here in North Carolina? That is a nice wreaker!! If you do not have the $$ for a nice wreaker there was one here on GL a couple of weeks ago that went for around $6500. It was half the truck that one is. Garbee has told me about that wreaker, IT IS NICE!!!! Wish I had some big bucks, I would be running some one up.
Also, remember supply and demand, not many nice wreakers out there.
One of the few, Frank USMC RET.

CGarbee

Just to add a tad about that wrecker that I think we are discussing... It belonged to a vehicle repair/maintenance unit... It has all the bells and whistles, was very well maintained, and everything works...

I know the guy who used to administratively own it...

Michael

Prices did seem to be up today. I watched a 5 ton tractor go for 1500 a month ago and got the fever for one. I bought one today for twice that. If anybody had bid one more time on it they would have gotten it.

Anybody get one of the late model M35A2Cs that sold today?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks