• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

*FOUND* - long haul transportation vendor for your MV's

Mgraf

I came across this for the long haul transportation needs for the big, heavies, small and just about any vehicle you want to have shipped from one state to another. I just did this and it worked well. The way it worked for me is you (I) listed what I want transported - specs - weight, length- you get the picture. Where it was and where I wanted it delivered. Once you place this truck say it's a M43 - on http://www.Uship.com/ -long haul trucking companies will place "bid - offer" of what they will be willing to charge you. My personal experience was I needed to move a M43 (8,000 lbs plus) from Oregon to Cali - just over 820 miles - one way. Worked out too less than a buck a mile and it was here in three days.

In less than two days I had three "offers-bids" to pick it up and haul it to my house in Cali. The “offers-bids" - these ranged from $805 to a high of $1490. Guess which one I accepted?

Plus for your protection - the DOT and MC numbers are listed and you can review their trucking track record mandated by the government as well as individual feedback from past customers.

Just thought this could save my friends here at "Steel Soldiers" and MV sellers and buyers some money, time - hassle to locate a company to move that 6x6 or anything else you what but cannot figure out how to get it to where you are or it is just too expensive!

MY Disclaimer: I have NO financial or and no any other interest with the above listed web site. I found it using and goggle and it cost nothing to list - so I had nothing to lose. I have had a good experience using this method of transport - and I just wanted to share my success and the hopes it would benefit others like me with interests in MV - no hidden agenda - just straight honest talk from my own personal experience - and thought it might help a lot of other guys. Feel free to email me and I hope you have positive and successful adventures with your MV's - so our military history and legend will live on.

My best - Mark

Mgraf

RE: *FOUND* - long haul transportation vendor for your MV

Thank you for letting me know. New here and I was just trying to give back to the all those you have helped me out.
Take care

area52

Just make sure you verify the shippers credentials, do not go by their feedback left by others. I got burned by someone who had very good feedback from many others but he got a bunch of deposits and bailed with a lot of money.

kinetichotshot

I am very glad that you had a good experience. Unfortunately there are many, MANY others who have nod had such good experiences.... I have posted a couple of warnings about UShip and some tips on how to choose a carrier in a couple of other threads ("What to look for in a Carrier"). Uship is a breeding ground for "non-compliant" carriers and scam artists. There are a lot of good guys there also. It was through (around) UShip that I was introduces to this group.
Bottom line: VERIFY, VERIFY, VERIFY. Check their authority on www.safersys.org/companysnapshot.aspx and have their insurance AGENT fax you a copy of their insurance certificate naming YOU. If any carrier is unwilling to provide you their numbers or a direct certificate, run away!!!!
As always, If anybody has any questions about transportation, even if it is not something that I can transport due to size, location, cost, whatever; feel free to contact me and I will help you out in any way possible. I would rather spend 5 minutes of my time pointing you in the right direction, than reading that someone got scammed!
Off my soapbox now...
Laterz,
Gator
>|--|~

Edit: the link is now correct, I guess I "fat fingered" the ".org" :oops:

mdcarriers

I haul through Uship all the time and it has been a pretty good experience for me. I am concerned with the site because they keep raising their fees. It is running 14 to 16 percent, up from 11 percent just a few weeks ago. They make it look like it is just a deposit with $20 being the uship fee, but in reality, they keep all of the deposit. The trucking Companies never get a dime of the fees. A good trick is to use their site to look up the MC number of the bidders and look up their contact info through safersys.gov and call them direct.

If anyone has a need for hauling, I have 48ft stepdeck 18 wheeler and am fully insured trucking co. with $100,000 cargo insurance. I have heavy duty ramps that can handle 20,000 lbs per axle. I run the eastern US and haul out of Redstone all the time. Just give me a call at 423-432-9493 for quote.

DieselBob

I haul through Uship all the time and it has been a pretty good experience for me. I am concerned with the site because they keep raising their fees. It is running 14 to 16 percent, up from 11 percent just a few weeks ago. They make it look like it is just a deposit with $20 being the uship fee, but in reality, they keep all of the deposit. The trucking Companies never get a dime of the fees.
I did not know this. They way they word it, it looks as if the service provider gets the money minus a small fee. Thanks for the info.

MRTHauling

I have bid on jobs on Uship and no the trucking companies do not get any of the 14% they charge. It is an inexpensive way to get your stuff shipped; just watch your six.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks