• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

B29 R3350 ENGINE NOS 4 SALE.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey Guys,
Anyone interested in a New in the Can B29 or Hawker Sea Fury Engine?
Had 2, 1 left..(No papers)...

Engine, aircraft, Wright Cyclone Turbo Compound twin row 18 cylinder radial aircraft engine model R3350-32WA s/n W573255, USA, c 1956 (AF). Aero engine.<p>
Declared Excess 1985. FSN-2805-00-724-9412 TID NO- N4496243420732 SF 120 NO-SXC4935032K018 Location-A030215A0 ARD-5123 SITE- CO. DATE Surplus-85025<p>
Height1700 mm , Width1500 mm , Weight1900 kg<p>

3700 HP..!!(WA configuration)...

130 K to rebuild... 30K for a core...

Sale 10K.. Try and find another...?

Kevin...
decodeme@comcast.net

Attachments

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
CAF in Harlingen as well as a group in Wichita IIRC are both re-engining SuperFortresses - give them a try.

DanMartin

Hmm...I wonder if the folks at the Tillamook Air museum would want that motor. They have a flying Martin Mauler AM-1 there...uses the 3350 (not sure what configuration though). One mean single-engine fighter bomber.

Please do give them a call...I believe you can find them at http://www.tillamookair.com/

They might be willing to pick it up from you as a spare or for a static display.

vtdeucedriver

DanMartin said:
Hmm...I wonder if the folks at the Tillamook Air museum would want that motor. They have a flying Martin Mauler AM-1 there...uses the 3350 (not sure what configuration though). One mean single-engine fighter bomber.

Please do give them a call...I believe you can find them at http://www.tillamookair.com/

They might be willing to pick it up from you as a spare or for a static display.

mauler is powered by the P&W 4360, not the Wright 3350 and the airplane is not flyable. nor is the brunt of their collection. most are displayed in long term storage. Some that are listed as flyable, have not flown in quite a few years and would require work to return to the skys with any safety.

Green_gator

You may also want to try Kermit Weeks at Fantasy of Flight just west of Orlando, Florida. He has a huge, private collection of aircraft and engines.
www.fantasyofflight.com
He has the largest private collection in the US if memory serves me correctly and loves to fly his planes.

decodeme2

In Memorial
In Memorial
Thanks,
I called them and sent them a email with photos...Mr Weeks was interested..
Also got a call from a Guy in N.M....Sent him photo's...I dont think it will last long..
Both want it for their displays..Not for their aircraft..As of Yet....
It will be interesting..
Kevin...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks