• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Steel Soldiers nametapes

steelandcanvas

Some time ago there was a thread on the legality of using the SS name on nametapes to possibly put on a set of BDUs or ACUs. What ever became of this? I searched but no luck. Since I cannot use US ARMY, I would be proud to wear STEEL SOLDIERS.

steelandcanvas

It had to do with a copyright thing, this came from SS himself, Chris. I can't get anyone to answer me on this. I've PM'd, left messages in the Mess Tent. I sure like permission before investing in name tapes.

mangus580

We havent been able to iron out the details yet. We have been too buys trying to keep things running, and keep the politics and garbage off the site.

Sorry if I havent been able to answer with any more info yet.

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: Steel Soldiers nametapes

mangus580 said:
We havent been able to iron out the details yet. We have been too buys trying to keep things running, and keep the politics and garbage off the site.

Any answer yet Mike?

emr

RE: Re: RE: Steel Soldiers nametapes

I put MTA on nametapes a few years ago and gave em to friends and they are for sale in the stuff for sale place in the mta web site, I forgot the name of the mag that sells stuff like that and has the name tapes and us army tapes they will print anything, very cool steel soldiers on them for sure,steel soldiers has to be the best name ever. I use US Army on one of my shirts, but my name is NEWMAN! on it. since i didnt serve the traditional way.randy

emr

mangus580 said:

Sorry i try to stay away from the off topic stuff, but got sucked in a few times, but have stayed away lately realizing it is just the wrong thing to do, I only look at stuff about trucks or i go back to the forum...sorry for some of that...randy

CCATLETT1984

emr said:
mangus580 said:

Sorry i try to stay away from the off topic stuff, but got sucked in a few times, but have stayed away lately realizing it is just the wrong thing to do, I only look at stuff about trucks or i go back to the forum...sorry for some of that...randy
This is not "off-topic". Just have to give more time for it to get sorted out, as its rather complicated.

littlebob

RE: Re: RE: Steel Soldiers nametapes

I love the idea for a nametape. I wouldn't wear one that just had just "SS" but "STEEL SOLDIERS" would be coool!
you can get name tapes online at:

Link Removed
Please defer any further comment until this can be researched and a descision made.

littlebob

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well 3 years later and .............

anything been done on this yet???????
I think you knew the answer before you ever posted. ;-)

I'd buy a few if they ever became available but I'm not holding my breath.

Flyingvan911

I can't see anything wrong with a Steel Soldiers nametape as long as someone doesn't use it to profit off of it. Also don't act in a way that would give someone a negative impression of SS. I would also spell out "Steel Soldiers." Just using the initials "SS" could cause people to associate the letters with the SS of Nazi Germany.

Bighurt

I can't see anything wrong with a Steel Soldiers nametape as long as someone doesn't use it to profit off of it. Also don't act in a way that would give someone a negative impression of SS. I would also spell out "Steel Soldiers." Just using the initials "SS" could cause people to associate the letters with the SS of Nazi Germany.

I like the idea I'm just not sure I would like the idea of wearing current issued Camo with them. I try not to ever wear my uniform in public.

My other issue I have is, I'm not the Steel Soldier, my small fleet of trucks are. I just maintain and enjoy them. I'd love to put "Steel Soldiers" across my upper window or a sybdued fender insigia.

Currently the USAF (I'm sure the others have requirements) says that you are in official uniform if you have 3 pieces of the uniform on. IE Boots, Pants, Belt, Blouse, Hat in combination. So their maybe some frowns if you aguement the blouse with different name tapes...again playing devils advocate here.

There may also be issues with people seeing us as a "Militia", by having Steel Soldier name tapes on an already excepted uniform, we are now linking everyone in a group... It's one thing to all wear uniforms from era's in which we served or served but by having name tapes linking us together and driving these machines there could be issues.

Again I love the idea, but perhaps we could just start with T-Shirts...

I'm actually trying to come up with my own uniform to seperate myself from active duty. Kinda like how Soni wears Camo pants an a Carhartt jacket on some recoveries.

nopics

:beer:

panshark

I don't think a ruckus would be raised if a member was seen wearing an un-authorized tape that said Steel Soldiers, unless they were on the news, describing what the tornado sounded like, or pulling a stupid stunt like the nutball in California who had a jeep mounted machinegun mockup, and was pointing it at people. Maybe have it on velcro, so if ya do something boneheaded you can take it off before the cameras start rolling...

Bighurt

That was sorta my point, the military has rules for which everyone is to obey or recieve the wrath of the CC. There is nothing preventing a loan individual from soiling the name of Steel Soldiers, which is a concern.

If we were a official club or association like the VFW it would be a little different...

1 mistake an ruin 1000 good deeds...

zak

What about a Steel Soldiers license plate with your screen name in place of the letters/numbers,
mounted on the front bumper? Or the screen name stenciled somewhere small and standard for all the trucks.
Say bottom of the drivers door?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks