• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Clark 285v Transmission Wanted

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have a 5speed clark out of a chevy C60. It is not an overdrive model from what I remember. Dunno the model#. Let me know where to look and I'll let you know.

thomaswhitman

Thanks everyone. I think I may have a solution with a slightly different model 285V. I ordered an appropriate input shaft to make it work in my truck. I appreciate the views and the folks who offered help. It is much appreciated. Thomas, Big Bertha's Towing

OffTheHighway

Good for you Thomas. I was going to chime in about the off-highway applications, but you found what you were looking for. :D

thomaswhitman

Thanks for the reply. Finally back on the road. The transmission I thought would work and was the wrong model is now for sale. It is a New Process Model 542, 5 speed, Serial #3186, Ratio 733. INPUT SHAFT # 15746. Application was for GM trucks. No park brake. Price $500 FOB Coeburn, VA 24230. Appreciate everyone's input and help. Thomas

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks