• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping a M135

diseased

I am looking to get a M135 from the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to NE Florida at a shippers convenience. The last time I got a quote was for seventeen hundred to ship a M220 from Wyoming to Oklahoma, 539 miles and that was the cheapest. My oldest son and I had a great time taking the M220 to my brothers and it only cost me 470.00 dollars in gas and a compressor belt. I do not think it should be free however, if at 1700.00 for 539 and the distance now is three times that, it is a no brainer. If the cost is unrealistic, I will drive this one back too. So my question is roughly what should it cost me to have a carrier go 1500 hundred miles? Thanks.

diseased

She runs but needs wheel cylinders in front changed out due to leaking. If I drive it back which is/was my original plan, I will replace them before getting on the road. If I ship, it will be done here. My intentions were to drive it in two different legs. One from just south of Sault Ste Marie to NW Ohio (about 400 miles) and leave it at my sons, then to Florida (1000 miles) on another trip. I would really like to get it here.

citizensoldier

Yep you could fix it here too if needed.. Not to far off the path.. So its up by the Sault.Hmmm I would tow it to my place or Dave P's for Fuel money and bridge fee if that would help you.. I would need to wait for some better weather though..Not to good right now..
It could also sit here until you can come get it or have trucking arranged..

rizzo

trucking from North to south is more exspensive. to go to FL your probably looking at $2.50/mile+

hot shots may be a little cheaper

kinetichotshot

What are size/weight etc on an M135? I am still learning all the different models... If you send me all the details I will post it to the "Network" of independent carriers that I work with and see if they can help out, also that may be incentive for someone considering bringing Citizen's trailers up to him from Utah!
Laterz,
Gator
>|--|~

Check out my website for info on what to look for when choosing a carrier and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. (email, pm, phone, however...)
www.kineticfreight.com

citizensoldier

Good ideas

kinetichotshot said:
What are size/weight etc on an M135? I am still learning all the different models... If you send me all the details I will post it to the "Network" of independent carriers that I work with and see if they can help out, also that may be incentive for someone considering bringing Citizen's trailers up to him from Utah!
Laterz,
Gator
>|--|~

Check out my website for info on what to look for when choosing a carrier and feel free to contact me if you have any questions. (email, pm, phone, however...)
www.kineticfreight.com
I know of a CUCV that needs to get to GA and another that needs to get from GA to FL.. I am sure with some planning we could fill him up on the whole trip.. Ahhhh.. Logistics...

kinetichotshot

Yeah, citizen... looks like... send me the info on those also, so that I can add them into the load info, might make it more enticing for someone to bite!
Laterz,
Gator

1stDeuce

Hey, I was pretty sure I knew where your 135 was, and it's still there... Along M28 near Brimley. There was an older gentleman who lived there and ran a gunshop, but nobody seems to be there anymore. I hope he isn't also deceased...

Someone needs to rescue this truck... If this is the one, does it belong to you, or do you have any contact info for it?? PM me if so... It's rough, but not too rough, and I'm looking for a place to rent. Sorry, no help getting it to FL. :)

Chris

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks