• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Trouble

therbert

Has anyone purchased anything from GL and then found out after the purchase they moved it to a differnt state? This is so wrong.... If anyone is near Fort Meade, MD let me know. I need some help!!!!

Thanks Again guys..

Tom

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I think it happened to Bkubu, just happened to be a move closer for him. Sorry to hear it. Did you save the page that tells you the location? If you can print it out, you might be able to get it shipped back. I always try to save a screen shot of the ad.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Same for me, all four trucks moved down the road from Chambersburg GL lot to a storage yard in Chambersburg proper.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Moved to a different state?

:roll:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maryland isnt that big of state, where did they move it from?

I can see them moving it on the same base/site, but what did they do if it wasnt a runner?

Michael

Everything I have ever bought has been were they said it was. I would think that if it wasn't were the sale page said it was they would have to release you from the bid contract. You have to be careful though sometimes it will be listed at an office on a base and in the fine print they will say it is located somewhere else. It isn't that they moved it, but that it was never there in the first place.

AMTAK

My friend was at chambersburg today geting my trucks. He is waiting on his EUC on one of his and wanted to see if it would run but they said they moved it down the road. They said no loading dock there. I think this is BS.

TheBuggyman

I have an appointment at Chambersburg on Friday too! They told me that my tractor was moved to the other lot but not my trailer- I'll have to come back to get that!

I'll just be glad if it all works!

USMilitarySurplus

Hey guys - I contacted some of you off list to find out more about your items being moved from one site to another but anyone else who's had a similar experience, feel free to PM me the details.

Robyn
GL Staff

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ma'am,

I'd like to congradulate you for coming aboard our little section of the internet.. I hope it opens up a good method of communication with you guys and one segment of the customer base (us).

Mark

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ma'am,

With this means of communication thats opening up, what would you like to be the "goals" of it?
Meaning:

Can we ask questions related to GL policies so we can better understand them?
Can we suggest fixes to common customer problems?
Can we get info on how to properly fill out EUC's so they dont get need several revisions?
Can we seek help in better understanding of how things/processes that the customer doesnt "see" but is affected by?

What would you like to see come from this communication?

Thank you.
Mark

FreightTrain

Banned
One question Robyn....do you own body armor?If not,want me to get you some?Things could get ugly in the begining....but don't let it get under your skin.But,First I would like to say Welcome and maybe we can bug mangus Enough to start a new forum just for GL issues so it doesn't clog up the boards with 5 ton problems,Deuce problems,CUCV issues,general stuff.Keep everything in one central location for future reference(yea right,Like anyone uses a search function...including me).Only thing I would suggest right now for GL is SMALLER scrap lots.Split lots of stuff like spent brass and ammo cans into smaller lots for people like me.Maybe single pallets for cans and 55 gallon drums for brass.Pretty sure the workers at the Bases could sweet talk the commanding Officers into the idea.Be a new boring and not so fun job for cherries.Sort the brass and place it in 55 gallon drums instead of hoppers.or combo deals,Ammo cans and brass...

USMilitarySurplus

The four topics you listed are all viable and are the primary reasons why I've signed up. I'm going to steer clear of specific inquiries, such as 'Has my EUC been cleared', as there are other channels for obtaining that information.

The moderator may be creating a category specifically for this, which should be helpful. I don't want to hijack the threads. I'm guessing there will be an influx of comments at the beginning. But that's where we'll start. At the beginning, and take it from there.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ma'am,

Thanks for the clarification, Im sure the moderators will get that going very shortly. We look forward to your information and knowledge with these matters.
Once again, welcome aboard!

Mark

USMilitarySurplus

FreightTrain,

Thanks for the suggestion on smaller scrap lots. I'll talk to the scrap manager directly and try to get an 'official response.' I can at least tell you from five years of experience that they're open to trying new things. When those new things don't work out, we don't do them anymore. Remember Premiere Lots?

Body armor on....

FreightTrain

Banned
As for the spacific questions like EUCs clearing and such,that is why they have a live chat over on the GL site that I use all the time.Might I make another suggestion.See if they will put SF97 status on our accounts.So we will know if they actually got them,Maybe a floating date on when you could expect it to clear.Not a set date but a at this time it could be around X date.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks