• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Trailers on GL

Mackfire68

I've noticed several manufactures of trailers on GL. Is one better or more collectable then the other? What is a good price to pay for one on GL? I'd like to add to my collection.

ecostruction

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are we to assume you are looking for the M105 series of trailer? If so, although the older ones "may" to someone be more collectible, do yourself a favor and get the ones with the current landing gear that you can crank up and down. See my recent post for a picture of what I'm talking about. They have dual wheels on the tongue landing gear as opposed to one big on on the older trailers. Those don't go up and down and are a PITA to hookup. All manual.

Mike_Pop

I agree with ecostruction...get an M105A2 with the updated landing leg. You won't have to lift the tongue like on the M105A1 and break your back. On the East Coast, expect to pay less than $300 for a trailer without bows. They go pretty cheap in the east. In fact, I have a friend selling one in Neptune, NJ if you are interested.

papercu

trailer

Last thing I would worry about is the landing gear type, best thing in the world is the old style bumper jack for the 1980-90? Ford full size cars or if you have a bigger budget a Hi-Lift jack is nice and it is also good for helping out the non-6x6 crowd that get into a bind.
The newest trailers has a detachable one much like the ones found on boat trailers it shouldn't be hard to fab one. Remember it's now a "Army of one" Wayne

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: trailer

I'll vouch for Wayne's bumper jack approach. He and I put a contact maintainence body back on an M887 with 2 4x4s, some cribbing and bumper jacks!

ida34

I have a HF high lift jack. I have to keep tightening a few bolts ( I really need to put on some lock tight) but other than that it is very good for lifting the trailer.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

I totally agree with ecoconstruction and Mike Pop.

My M105A1 had the old school landing gear on it and it was a MAJOR pain.........

A fine fella named Robert Miller wrangled me a new style crank-up M105A2 landing gear setup and it's the bomb.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: trailer

clinto said:
My M105A1 had the old school landing gear on it and it was a MAJOR pain.........
I hear they are even more of a pain when you drive off with the landing gear down. :oops:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Re: RE: trailer

Recovry4x4 said:
clinto said:
I hear they are even more of a pain when you drive off with the landing gear down. :oops:
:p They should have some kind of warning buzzer on them, right?

I'll have to post some pics of that............. I saw it in the moonlight and thought "something doesn't look right".

rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks