• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Parts in Lamar, CO w/ HEMTT parts

Crash_AF

I found a military salvage yard in Lamar CO today. Bunch of deuces, lots of 800 series 5 tons, a couple of 900s 1 FMTV + extra cab, and 6 HEMTTs - 3 w/ cargo beds. He also had some M37s and other stuff around.

He even had a 10 ton... I finally got to see one up close and MAN are they hugynormous... (is that a word??? LOL It needs to be)

http://www.ranchers-supplyco.com

If you call, ask for John.

Later,
Joe

Attachments

steelandcanvas

How are these people to deal with? I've been looking at their website for some time now, waiting for an excuse to go down there. Looks like he has some nice wreckers.

yorkgulch2

ranchers supply

I went down there last year to see what they had for tires and 5 ton tractors. John is very knowledgeable and nice to work with. They also have a surplus store at a separate location in Lamar that has smaller items like canvas etc

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
RE: ranchers supply

That LMTV was in my old unit , 3rd ACR . It was 2nd squadron 3rd Armoured cav. Howitzer battery , 40. HOW 40 . Im going down to look at it guys , hey Joe was the 10 ton running? , Jay

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
Great but Dissapointing

I went alll the way over there, John was the nicest guy in the world but he only had one running truck out of 50 or so. And he wants 10 times what GL price would be .

Its a great yard for parts for trucks! If I needed a M35 part id pick it up from him. Sadly he didnt have any M37's.

Attachments

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR
RE: Great but Dissapointing

I didnt ask, but a broken M35 that looked as nice as mine/paint wise but no exuast or bows or cover was 8500. And it didnt start , he had alot of complete trucks but none ran.

Parts shouldnt be too bad , but who kows, if his trucks are alot im sure that parts might be.

Mike_Pop

I've been past there many times and always knew his prices were high. My brother lives in Las Animas (next town west).

If you get a chance, stop in LaJunta and visit Rob Pickering. He has several Unimogs on his propery which is a recycling scrap yard on Hwy 50.

bulldog_mack13

3/3 ACR

I saw him! , I showed that to my wife. I also found a 1950's Mack B-61 on the side of the road in Lajunta, or a town near Id die for.
Does he have anything other than Unimogs?

Mike_Pop

Sometimes Rob has Haaglund's. He's a great guy...tell him I said hello if you pass through again. I should be there in May.

co_rotorhead

Jay,
I have spoken with John before and seems like a good guy. If you happen to get out there again, let me know...maybe you could pick up a front fender for me :D. It's just a bit far for me...four hour drive one way.

steelandcanvas

I went down there last Tuesday, didn't see any Hemtts, went to both yards. I see Jay was down there much later than I was. Wasn't real impressed for the 360 mile round trip. Lots of good parts trucks though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks